This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

changing default currency in mb

• 18 replies
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      im not 100% sure... but i dont think its possible. There was a thread about it i think try searching the forums
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Nope, it's not possible.
      Probably it's possible only, if you are some sort of super-duper VIP user.
    • w1z4rd
      w1z4rd
      Bronze
      you can only change the currency if you have absolutely no transaction history... it's stated in the FAQ i think...
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      w1z4rd is right.

But when you're a VIP you can make a 2nd account in a diff currency :)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      w1z4rd is right.

how do you become VIP?
    • Herseel
      Herseel
      Silver
      Transfering each month €5k should do the trick.
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Well, I unintentionally changed my default currency to one I did not want. I contacted their support and I was allowed to create another account, in my desired currency, provided I used alternate email.

My only transaction history was credit card verification. I had to go through a process of releasing my credit card details from my old account, then waiting for old one to close, and starting a new one. Took two weeks all in all. But they said it would take about that long.
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      I am so pissed. Dunno why i made account in EUROS Every time i use moneybookers they steal 10€ from me because of currency exchange. I guess i'll have to start using Netteler. I like moneybookers a lot but their loss if they don't let you change account currency at least once in a liftime.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      w1z4rd is right.

how do you become VIP?
      Transfer €10k/month then send a mail
    • Akwed
      Akwed
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RockEye
      .... Dunno why i made account in EUROS Every time i use moneybookers they steal 10€ from me because of currency exchange......
      There is any fee for exchange from € to $?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Ye all those sites have a fee, usually 2 or 3%
    • occipital
      occipital
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RockEye
      I am so pissed. Dunno why i made account in EUROS Every time i use moneybookers they steal 10€ from me because of currency exchange. I guess i'll have to start using Netteler. I like moneybookers a lot but their loss if they don't let you change account currency at least once in a liftime.
      is this so much different if you had your MB account in US dollars and then transfer to your bank account in EUR?
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      You should try to have everything in the same account currency. Then you will never pay any exchange fees.

Moneybookers charges 1.99% for every transaction which involves currency conversion.

Greetings,
      Hannes
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I changed my account currency, as per ejeckts post, had to set up a new account with a different email and then emailed support who changed all my details etc.

Took 2 days max.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      I want to open MB acc.What currency you suggest me to take -US dollars (I have only US doll. acc in rooms) or euros (I live in EU).I'm not planing cashouts for some time.
      I think US dollar is more convenient for poker player.What is your opinion? Pros and cons.
      Thanks.:)
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi,

I prefer to have everything in one currency. So you do not need to pay any exchange fees.

If your main poker rooms are in $ you should open an account in $ and vice versa.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Thank you Hannes :)
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      You are welcome :)