How to grind for 15 hours make +1K and loose it all in 1 hour......

• mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      15 hours of grinding SSS NL200 and NL 400....

Everything looks cool.... im doing great.
      And i was about to go to sleep cause i have to go to work in 6 hours and i havent slept any yet.... lol

But i decided ill play one more session lol......
      So i see a big fish on the table after i double up from him. Ok i buy to full stack....
      This what happens after an hour...

So i wasted all the money i earned in 15 hours of grinding because of 1 donk....

Heres where my 1K go....

So i see him sucking out with AK against AA 400$ nice.... 4 diamonds on board.
      I hope i can get him :)

One of the hands....

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $751.00
      Hero:
      $406.00

2/4 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:heart: , 9:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $8.00, BU folds, SB calls $6.00, BB folds.

Flop: ($20.00) 2:heart: , 5:diamond: , 2:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $10.00, SB calls $10.00.

Turn: ($40.00) Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $20.00, SB calls $20.00.

River: ($80.00) Q:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $60.00, SB calls $60.00.

Final Pot: $200.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and deuces (Jh 9h)
      SB shows two pairs, queens and sixes (6h 6c)

SB wins with two pairs, queens and sixes (6h 6c)

well... i guess i couldnt do anything else.... it was against another player not my target actually....

then....

I lost it all with AK....

Hand Nr.1

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $354.80
      Hero:
      $411.50
      CO:
      $386.00

Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:heart:
      4 folds, CO raises to $12.00, BU folds, SB calls $10.00, Hero raises to $36.00, CO folds, SB calls $24.00.

Flop: ($84.00) 4:spade: , 3:heart: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $40.00, SB raises to $80.00, Hero calls $40.00.

Turn: ($244.00) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($244.00) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $244.00

Hero shows a pair of fours (Ac Kh)
      SB shows two pairs, sixes and fours (8s 6c)

SB wins with two pairs, sixes and fours (8s 6c)

Here we go donk gets luky for the 1st time

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $354.80
      Hero:
      $411.50
      CO:
      $386.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:heart:
      4 folds, CO raises to $12.00, BU folds, SB calls $10.00, Hero raises to $36.00, CO folds, SB calls $24.00.

Flop: ($84.00) 4:spade: , 3:heart: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $40.00, SB raises to $80.00, Hero calls $40.00.

Turn: ($244.00) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($244.00) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $244.00

Hero shows a pair of fours (Ac Kh)
      SB shows two pairs, sixes and fours (8s 6c)

SB wins with two pairs, sixes and fours (8s 6c)

2nd time....

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $400.00
      BB:
      $159.00
      MP3:
      $437.50
      BU:
      $900.20

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , A:diamond:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $14.00, CO folds, BU calls $14.00, Hero raises to $64.00, BB raises to $159.00 (All-In), MP3 folds, BU calls $145.00, Hero raises to $400.00 (All-In), BU calls $241.00.

Flop: ($973.00) J:spade: , 4:diamond: , 3:club:
      Turn: ($973.00) 9:spade:
      River: ($973.00) T:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $973.00

Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Ks Ad)
      BU shows two pairs, jacks and nines (Jc 9c)
      BB shows a pair of queens (Qh Qd)

BU wins with two pairs, jacks and nines (Jc 9c)

Ok i knew i was behind against SB who was a shortstacker who doubled up but i hoped i can still have equity on him.....

LOL the donk got us both.....

Hand Nr. 4....

So i was about to leave but i thought to myself i payed the blinds so ill rebuy and wait for blinds to reach me and quite... LOL....

You know hwat happens when theres a fish at the table everyone gets crazy.... So this guy was raising from UTG a lot so i didnt give him credit for a hand. But of course he had it.... And what sux even most i get TPTK + nut flushdraw LOL. It made my day.....

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $400.00
      MP3:
      $461.60

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $12.00, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $36.00, 4 folds, Hero calls $24.00.

Flop: ($78.00) Q:diamond: , A:diamond: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $52.00, Hero calls $52.00.

Turn: ($182.00) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $100.00, MP3 raises to $373.60 (All-In), Hero calls $212.00 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($806.00) 3:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $806.00

Hero shows a pair of aces (As Kd)
      MP3 shows three of a kind, aces (Ah Ac)

MP3 wins with three of a kind, aces (Ah Ac)

MY BRM was 3.5K now its back to 2.5K.... i hear ya i hear ya... youl say im going broke soon if i play like that. But thats the things that boosted MY BRM all the time.... and i got unlucky quite big now....
      Back to grinding NL200 and i was about to play NL400 more often .... LOL....
  • 21 replies
    • Azarelz
      Azarelz
      Bronze
      ''and i got unlucky quite big now....''

I doubt that u got unlucky, i think u played bad most of the posted hands, just my opinion.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      except the AK vs AA hand, imo it is bad play.

also "Back to grinding NL200" with 12BI bankroll???, i guess you are in some "who is gonna get busto first" competition.

i would recommend you to play NL50 and give shots to NL100 but not higher
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      i dont think i played them bad.... the only mistake i could see is calling a reraise with AK. But after i get that flop i cant fold it.
      And i dont think you ever played on a table with such fish.....
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21
      except the AK vs AA hand, imo it is bad play.

also "Back to grinding NL200" with 12BI bankroll???, i guess you are in some "who is gonna get busto first" competition.

i would recommend you to play NL50 and give shots to NL100 but not higher
      NL 200 SSS not BSS so thats 60 BI
    • travoltaJOHNy
      travoltaJOHNy
      Bronze
      In the hand with J9h why you keep cbet river? He'll call it with any pair, what u put him on 34 or what? Bad play IMO.
      In the hand with AK and small flop, you really shouldn't call an allin because you knew, he was a fish, he could have anything.
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mafaz
      i dont think i played them bad.... the only mistake i could see is calling a reraise with AK. But after i get that flop i cant fold it.
      And i dont think you ever played on a table with such fish.....
      Well I think you underestimated him too much .. He was ahead with 66 all the time .. You called a raise on the flop with AK high .. And you lost all in with just TPTK .. That is ok shortstacking .. You should not mix shortstack and bigstack play, it is very different ..
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      do you call 3 barrels with 66?
      and the hand with a small flop... it wasnt all in
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Don't play fullstacked on such stakes, even if there's one fish, you are fish for all those regs too.
      Hand w 66, calling flop cbet isn't bad, turn he probably thought you are capable of barreling scarecards, river is a bit more complex, i guess it's because you bet half pot two streets and suddenly decided to bet 3/4 on the river when river card doesn't change anything looked a bit suspicious for him, hard to say in vacuum.
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      The 2nd queen is the worst card in the deck for tripple barrel.
      What are you representing? In my opinion you represent like AQ, KQ (and the 2nd queen makes it less likely that you actually hold one yourself) and a bunch of missed draws. Basicly 80 % of your range are bluffs in this spot. :-)
      If he is calling the turn (and thats most likely a pocket pair), he is NEVER folding this river, because the 2nd queeny couldn't help you at all.
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mafaz
      do you call 3 barrels with 66?
      and the hand with a small flop... it wasnt all in
      you are betting 60 into 80 pot, stupid bet.

plus you don't know how to give up a hand when oppponents have obviously shown strength.

all in all, mix of missed flops (bad luck) but more importantly bad postflop play.

edit: oh and you're just not aggresive enough
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      It wasnt a regular table.... so you have to loosen up....
      check out yourself if you care

http://weaktight.com/r1396890
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hi I am sorry to say but the hands are misplayed.

The first hand you posted .What are you trying to represent here? Look I give you villain thought line:

"he raises pre-flop, I call with 66.. standard. I could 3-bet but I will just call this time"
      Flop: "well he might have a higher pp, lets play this slow and see what he does "check" ... oh look half size pot bet, this can mean anything and I am not really beaten yet.. "call".
      Turn: "The Q sort of sucks, lets see what he does "check"... oh look half size again on a draw board, this is most probably not a Q "call"
      River: "Q is a really good card, really unlikely he has a Q now, higher PP have me beat, but I will call this down since higher pp's should bet higher on previous streets to make me fold my potential draws etc."check".. hmm higher bet... he is buying the pot "call"

Thats roughly it... your line just makes no sense and a villain like that will not fold. If you want to make him fold bet stronger.... I would really just give up that hand on the river. Turn maybe still second barrel, but higher.

The AK hand.... you do not c-bet those flops. Villain range has you crushed on that flop almost all the time. You check behind. Half pot bets are just weak....
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      I don't mind you taking shots like that. But you have to deal with big loss as this one.. Gl with recover;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      imho you guys are being too results orientated judging his hands. however losing 2.5bi is standard and the reason I wouldn't take any shots with under 10BI no matter how fishy someone is.
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Gold
      i dont think i played them bad

You did. I will explain some of the mistakes you made.

Hand 1 with J9s. The River is a terrible spot to bluff because the Queen pairs, since the board paired its alot more unlikely you have the Queen so if that guy didnt call twice with absolute garbage he will be at the showdown for sure.

Hand 2 with AK. The whole hand is played terrible, the continuation bet is too small and what exaclty is your plan to call a check raise and then check it down with nothing - you have to fold here even if you get a cheap price because if you do hit the Ace it might be a terrible card for you.

Last Hand with AK. If you where in position with AK I could understand that you arent raising further, but OOP its just ridiciolous because you have a very good hand where you dont have to fear a Preflop All In. Out Of position you want to push your preflop edge and negate your opponents positional advantage.
      The Flop is played bad also. With a call you allow your opponent to get away from a weak Ace if the Turn brings another diamond. If he has a Hand like QJ with the Jack of diamonds he might be able to get away somewhere in the hand also if you dont raise. You absolutely have to raise the flop because everything with a pair and a diamond is playing with you anyway so their is absolutely no point in slowplaying here.

My advice is stay with SSS if you have success with that because in real poker you are a terrible player.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      man you played horribly
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      this is easily the most critical thread i've seen
      but i can't understand any of those plays myself and I am a fish

the OP should post some of the big hands that he won to get up to 1000
      maybe that would change the perception of him
      reading the hands posted, it seems kind of like the clown plays that pay me on NL 10 or NL 25
    • zloVkvetinaci
      zloVkvetinaci
      Bronze
      well, I dont like your plays, especially postflop..you cant play bss like sss, especially on such limits :)
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      What i find interesting is you made less than 4k hands in 15hours playing SSS :f_p: I mean playing SSS 2-4tables is just boring i don't know how you manage ;)