Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Hero:
      $5,74
      BU:
      $3,90

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:club: , J:heart:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0,20, Hero raises to $0,65, BB folds, BU calls $0,45.

Flop: ($1,35) A:heart: , 8:diamond: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,75, BU raises to $1,50, Hero calls $0,75.

Turn: ($4,35) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,80, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4,35

I belive he had A5, because he talked with himself in the chatbox... saying that he has A5 and is scared by a higher A (before folding).

Before that, I thought that I have the best hand.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Without reads just fold the flop, you're bluff-catching out of position without knowing anything about that guy and what his minraise means, rarely will you see a fish screwing around on an A-high flop if he doesn't have it. It's better not to get yourself into those situations, although if the guy is generally aggro since it's a steal situation you can likely peel one bet and check the turn to him to see what happens for future reference.

On the turn you're turning JJ into a pure bluff, i don't expect a guy minraising that flop to fold Ax to that turn bet even with a counterfeited kicker, and if he had a bluff you just prevented him from continuing to bet with it. If he was telling the truth you just happened to stumble upon the only fish willing to fold Ax there i guess.

Hope it helps.