This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 AQo 2 pair flop vs unknown

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $23.10
      MP1:
      $8.65
      Hero:
      $9.25

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , Q:heart:
      MP1 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 4 folds, BB calls $2.00, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($5.75) A:spade: , 5:heart: , Q:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($5.75) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5.75) J:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $5.75, Hero raises to $6.75 (All-In), BB calls $1.00.

Final Pot: $19.25

Hi, any reason not to let villain hang himself here?
      Thanks,
      Tim
  • 4 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Villain has just 0.3 AF and you're checking back on this ideal cbet board looks hella suspicous.

With your stacksize making it easy to shove though I think your play is allright too.
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      at first glance: cbet.

at a second look: he either has a pair and 2 outs or he has nothing and 6 outs to hit something that might pay off our potsize stack.
      plus i don't think a total unknown will get suspicous here. if he really has an ace the money is going in either way.

thus i like your variation here.
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      this is a standart check behind spot.
      i just cbet here if hes a player who autocalls cbets

as played: u've got to bet the turn for potbuildding as he's that passive that he mostly wont bet the river, because otherwise u've got to overbet the river to bring it in.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Tim64,

I usually check behind in such spots because there's really no card that would be a scarecard for you and you want villain to catch a piece of board in case he didn't already and if you check behind flop villain will usually more likely call your bet on the turn/river.

However, I would be out turn with half potsize in order to start extracting value from him, because on the river might already be too late. Specially if villain is more of a passive kind.

Regards,
      burek2000