Stack
      SB:
      $17.70
      BB:
      $56.06
      Hero:
      $12.43

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:diamond: , 7:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($5.25) T:spade: , 3:spade: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $1.50, BB folds, Hero raises to $10.68 (All-In), SB calls $9.18.

Turn: ($26.61) 8:club:
      River: ($26.61) K:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $26.61

Thoughts, please? Looking at the hand, I really don't like my huge overbet - don't think I realised my stack so large. My thinking was that I disregard the single overcard and villain's mindonk and get it in. But I wonder if a smaller 3bet achieves the same result (villain will fold if he's ever going to) while being less expensive?
      Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      with that donksize a smaller raise isn't possible, since it commits you to the pot.
      well, maybe not if the fourth comes, but then you just made his draw cheaper, if he was drawing to this.

nh imo.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I think your play is fine here mate. You can't really 3bet smaller on flop and you get tons of value from single :spade: 's that will call.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Villain is a huge showdownmonkey so pushing and expecting to be against OC+FD (A naked hand)

Theoretically if you expect him to bet only naked hands (K:sx & A:sx)

I think calling might be an option and shove accordingly on the Turn when a blank falls off. This way you weaken his draw + you can get off the hand easily

If however he does this with Q and J as well, don't bother the calling and shove accordingly

- Ger
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi Burek,

Can you explain the difference between villain doing this with A, K, Q or J :spade: ?

My equity is the same, isn't it? So is it that if he did it with J :spade: he would be a worse player and so more likely to call the push?

thanks