Starting-hands-chart stats

• BankoAlex
      BankoAlex
      Bronze
      People, what are your experiences using Starting-hands-chart given in the "Staring Hands (important article) page 1" of the "Fixed Limit Basic" strategy guide. I play my hands according that chart at full table (10 players) and cannot achieve more than 10 % of flops seen even if in text says that it should be around 18 %. Do you have the same achievement?
  • 5 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Frist of all, don't trust the PartyPoker Stats ;)

At the beginning it is actually not necessary to play a lot of hands. It is a good preparation for your later poker game.

Probably one of the biggest mistakes of sooo many players is that they can not wait for good hands. And soo often they get a hand like QTo which looks so good after several 27o's and then they want to play it no matter how much it costs.

K, anyway it should be at least around 14% but like i said i can not remember one game where the PP stats where correct when comparing them with my PT stats.

Also you should consider to play a significant number of hands like at least 3000.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • BankoAlex
      BankoAlex
      Bronze
      I agree with you stefan... it's good to play tight and aggressive but sometimes good hands have to be discarded because someone raised before. Since raising before and after you is quite often, many hands have to be thrown away. That way percentage decreases...
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Yes, it can seem very frustrating, to have to muck what look like your best hands time after time. Trust the process, and keep doing this. The importance of this cannot be stressed highly enough.

Using the Party Poker stats meter, I often get only 12%, sometimes less, of hands played. Concentrate on playing those hands correctly. Making the correct post flop decisions then is crucial, because there is where you will win or lose.

I got my poker tracker (finally!) and find that in 25,000 hands at .50/1, I have played about 18% of hands, including the blinds. I would have sworn, based on the stats I have recorded from the PP meter, that it would be no more than 14%. So what Stefan says is correct.

I also win with AA 86% of the time, which is a surprise. It always seemed that I lost too much with that hand, but it is in fact my best, which it should be. Good old selective human memory, foiled again.
    • tileng1
      tileng1
      Bronze
      My PP statistic is in most casses 20% sometimes less sometimes more ...
      And something realy funny is that if you are 3 tabling or 4 or 6 or 12 its on the all tables the same statistic :O

I have PT but I dont know where to check what are my floop seen percenteges.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tileng1
      And something realy funny is that if you are 3 tabling or 4 or 6 or 12 its on the all tables the same statistic :O
      thats because its a statistic of all hands :D

I only know for sure that the hand count and won% hands value are correct.

hands won at sd is for sure wrong

won% hands is 14% normal on SH (6 players) less is a little lack of good cards and more the opposite (or if you play shorter tables)