Party Poker $1 Turbo

• ukspike
      ukspike
      Bronze
      Hey!

So partypoker recently gave me a $50 cash bonus, which is very nice of them.

So I decided to start playing a bit, I have been practicing cash tables and doing ok.

However I also decided to do some $1 sit and go games.

On partypoker these tables are all Turbo games, and when I play them the blinds seem to raise up so fast that the basic strategy used on this site for sit and go games simple isn't winning enough games for me.

Players take a lot more risks, and I also find me needing to take plenty of risks due to super high blinds.

So my question is - what should I do differently in a turbo game compared to a normal game?
  • 2 replies
    • hepcat
      hepcat
      Bronze
      Practice ICM maybee because you go into push fold mode pretty quickly. And btw try to not get stressed up of the blinds or something just take it easy and calm. And Watch videos especially videos that they have done on partypoker.

I have played a couple of $1 turbo's on party today and made me a nice profit. BTW I have been in the money with as little as 12% VP$IP in some of the tables today.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello ukspike,

Yes i know these turbos can be very hard for a beginner. This is why PokerStrategy offers software to help you with this. ICM trainer and ICM trainer light to help you with these stages. As you should already know, at 13bb you become in the "push or fold" stage. With these softwares you can determine
      when its good to push and when its not and the maths behind it. http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/

Regards,

-Jack