This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bankroll sinking slowly like the titanic

• archsama
      archsama
      Bronze
      Hello all
      I have been playing NL10 SSS in Party Poker with my bonus for over a week now. First day I got to $65, things were going well but since then...

My Bankroll now is $16 and If I take some bad beats I will go broke. Is it advisable to go down to 0.02/0.04? the min buy-in is $2 like NL10.
  • 6 replies
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      Absolutely, protect that 16$ with everything you have. Play tight as a drum, boring, I know, but everyone gambles with a short stacker, I would only shove with AA,KK,QQ and AKs at this point. Bankroll Management must be followed to give yourself the best chance at succeeding.
    • gibster19
      gibster19
      Bronze
      Damn easy call.. move down and play like a rock premium hands only
    • MikeB570
      MikeB570
      Bronze
      I don't play on Party but on Full Tilt and Stars the $1 and $2 sngs are super super soft.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      lol, a bit late.
    • archsama
      archsama
      Bronze
      Yeah, I know.

well, I have to go back when I had less than 30*buy-in for the previous limit...

thing is, in Party Poker, the minimum buy in for 0.02/0.04 is $2, the same for 0.05/0.10..
      that was kinda messy for me
    • agonyship
      agonyship
      Bronze
      well i started with the 50$ and I'm up to 130$ now. I've only been playing 1c/2c games so far, maybe a 2$-heads-up or 1$-tourn. sometimes. I'm going to wait till I have 150$ to raise the blinds to 2c/5c and i know why. Once i had a really bad day: I played about 8 hours on this day as it was my 2nd holliday-day and really none of my friends had time to sth. so i thought poker what else *gg*. When i lost the first AA against 7/8 s, although raised like hell and the first KK against 22 on the river, i thought: Hey sh** happens no worries i will win it back in time. But things were going really wrong on that day. I lost 3 full houses and 5 flushes Q/k/A-high. at the end full 10$ with only 1c/2c games and a buy in of 0.40$ per table at full tilt poker. That means, if i'd played 10c/20c....... or even 5c/10c..... :s_mad:

After 1.5 weeks i'd won it all back and 2.5 weeks later i alredy made aplus of 5$ again.

This experienced taught me 2 things in poker:
      1. u need much patience for this game
      2. Not only your Play should be as tight as possible, also your bankroll management should be.

Hope u didn't get broke by now,
      c u @ the tables,

agonyship