delete

• 141 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Good luck.
      I'm just marking this FL blog for future read ;)
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Good luck.
      I'm just marking this FL blog for future read ;)
      +1

Way better to start from the beginning than to find an awsome blog like Waiboy's when its a Wheel Of Time Novel in size.

Best of luck to you with FL. You will find alot of helpful people ready to give you help and advice whenever you need it.

Ill be reading.
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
      Bronze
      Yes, Once you are on the flop, and this happens, you can consider it heads up, and you play on according to
      what happened preflop and wether you are IP or OP.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey Klee90

GL with the adventure - there's a pretty strong membership of the min-bet mafia in the blog section now so there should be no shortage of help!

BTW in my opinion the standard playing styles v one opponent is THE most important article when starting out to ensure you get value from your hands (after the Bronze FR charts at least). I recommend you write out each of the standard lines and know them by heart.

And I see you are posting hands you are unsure of in the hand evaluation forums. This will help lots too. :f_cool:
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Overlimping with KJs is a mistake. Not sure what charts are you using exactly, but I think you should raise with KJs.

You can't c/f, because you are IP :)
      If :club: comes just bet if it's checked to you.
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Don't worry about that losing session. That is just variance.
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Yeah, 25BB (Big Bets, not big blinds) are common. Not as much at FR, but still. You should get used to the swing as FL. Read my signature :D

Even though 1k sample size is quite low, numbers should be a bit higher. Try to play according to the chart. And HU article is really really really important :) Most of the time, there is a HU situation on a flop that's why it is so important. Read that article again. Maybe watch some video. It's important to fully understand bronze articles before moving to the silver ones.

And of course keep posting on sample size forum :)
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Eventually it will stick. As chart will too :) You'll see ;)
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hey Klee!!
      I had the problem with remembering articles too.
      I found that the best way to learn (for me ofc.) is to write lines and stuff down on the paper,try to remember them and then try to explain them to another person. After I can do that without mistake I'm finished with the first part of learning process. Then I will start the second phase - sarching the hand judge forum(or database) for the situations where I can see the articles in practice (f.e. I read article "Playing made hands on the flop" and then I want to review all hands where Hero had made hand on the flop). This can eat a lot of time but it's really worth it. Then maybe I can watch some videos and work with them (stop video, try to think what would I do in this hand and then hear the commentary). And of course, I have to play and gain experience and knowledge.

GL on tables :f_biggrin:

btw at which site do you play?

Pincell
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hi Klee!
      I play on PartyPoker too, but as soon as I clear first deposit bonus I'm out of there. I play FR 0.15$/0.30$ so tell me something about traffic. It's hard to find two tables at one time, and I saw three tables at one time like two times this month. I'm really close to moving up to 0.25/0.50 though. Does traffic on 0.25/0.50 sucks a lot?

I didn't really played FL on other sites (except 50 hands on Titan) so I can't tell how good traffic is on them, but from what I've heard iPoker and stars are good. But I think I'll go to FullTilt anyway :f_biggrin: