[NL2-NL10] AQ nl5 fr

• zhenzhenZHEN
      zhenzhenZHEN
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 ($8.16)
      CO ($8.47)
      Button ($2.23)
      SB ($7.90)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($6.62)
      UTG+1 ($6.61)
      Hero (MP1) ($9.61)
      MP2 ($9.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , Q:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.05, UTG+1 calls $0.05, Hero bets $0.20, 6 folds, UTG calls $0.15, UTG+1 calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.67) 5:club: , A:spade: , J:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Is it correct to check behind here on this dry board for potcontrol?

Turn: ($0.67) 6:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $0.80, Hero raises to $1.80, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $1

Not sure what to do here..raising seemed right, think I would have folded to a shove

River: ($4.27) Q:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $4.61 (All-In), Hero calls $4.61

Total pot: $13.49 | Rake: $0.65

Thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      MP1 is not a good position to play AQ, I would fold preflop. This is up to you though, as in microlimits people play looser and some will play AQ in all positions.

I don't understand why you chose not to bet the flop. You need to protect your hand here.

I would call the turn, his line on the river card is weird. It's possible he has KT and made a straight, in which case river card is a disaster for you.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Standard open for me preflop.

Postflop I don't why you check that flop "for pot control" and then raise an overbet on a blank turn, it just doesn't make any sense. C-bet the flop and take it from here, if you get raised on A-high flop without reads it sucks but people don't really mess around that much when there's a ace on board unless they have it or have it beat. Likely peel the raise in position and fold to further action unless you know the guy is nuts.

Hope it helps.