This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

RikJ21 Sit and Go/MTT Blog

• Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Hey All,

Im Rickie im from England in the UK, I started playing poker around about a year and half ago... Since then ive played mainly sit and gos and MTTs. Never been a cash game player however will start playing cash games when I get back to university.

I am going to be a full time student in september as I have just completed a work placement, I currently see poker as a hobbie however I am now going to take it more seriously. My AIM will be to only make a profit each day and this way eventually it will mean I can move up the limits accordingly.

The reason I am starting a blog is because I think this will help me play better poker and be more disciplined if I know I am writing my results on here every day/week.

I plan to start on 45 and 180 man sit and gos as I believe this are the most profitable out of the sit and gos, I will play around 15-20 tables at a time, I will update this everytime I play a session :)

Thanks for reading

Rickie

Current Bankroll: $45.08
  • 11 replies
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      1st Session - Sunday 16th August 2009

Tournaments Played

1 $11 Turbo - I dont know why I played this, I guess only had $45 dollars left and wanted to build up a bankroll quickly.... stupid mistake, from now on I stick to BRM! This meant my BR was now at $34.

44 $1.10 Turbo sit and gos - I then decided to play as many $1 sit and gos as I could, playing a mix of 90 and 45 man tournaments. At the end of the session, even though I played the $11 turbo at the start of the session, I was up $6.22, from now on I will stick to $1 sit and gos until I have a BR big enough to move up.

Does anyone know any useful programs which I can use to create Graphs and also keep track of my sit and gos as I currently have to do this manually?

Thanks

Rickie

Current Bankroll: $51.30
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hey Rickie,

Good to see you blogging, yeah it's always useful from a discipline point of view.

I'm not really good at the software side of things, so will leave that for more qualified members to help you with. I just tend to record everything manually in an excel spreadsheet (god I'm so old fashioned :D ).

Just wanted to wish you all the best in your quest, I'll be an active follower of your blog. Will be interesting to see the highs & lows of grinding the multi-table sngs as I tend to do just regular 9 player ones at the moment.

Good luck buddy,

Bart
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Session - Monday 17th August 2009

Tournaments Played

58 $1.10 Turbo sit and gos - Today has been a very swingy session.. I played around 20 tables for 3 hours and it was so frustrating!! One minute I was up and the next down, however the only positive is I actually made a little profit.

Maybe tomorrow will be better after all I only played 58 tournaments, this is variance right?

Below is a bad beat which I wouldn't like to see again :)

Seat 1: QuadFarther (1500 in chips)
      Seat 2: 77Devil77 (1490 in chips)
      Seat 3: RikJ21 (1480 in chips)
      Seat 4: saablick101 (1500 in chips)
      Seat 5: Gilfourn (1500 in chips)
      Seat 6: venenoso111 (880 in chips)
      Seat 7: Sikki Jakson (1500 in chips)
      Seat 8: djarotyson (2150 in chips)
      Seat 9: pelintra87 (1500 in chips)

RikJ21: posts small blind 10
      saablick101: posts big blind 20

*** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to RikJ21 [9d 9c]

Gilfourn: folds
      venenoso111: raises 20 to 40
      Sikki Jakson: folds
      djarotyson: folds
      pelintra87: folds
      QuadFarther: folds
      77Devil77: folds
      RikJ21: calls 30
      saablick101: folds

*** FLOP *** [4d 9s 3h]

RikJ21: bets 20
      venenoso111: raises 820 to 840 and is all-in
      RikJ21: calls 820

*** TURN *** [4d 9s 3h] [5s]
      *** RIVER *** [4d 9s 3h 5s] [Js]

*** SHOW DOWN ***
      RikJ21: shows [9d 9c] (three of a kind, Nines)
      venenoso111: shows [7s Ks] (a flush, King high)
      venenoso111 collected 1780 from pot

Pretty sick beat huh?

Profit today: $4.30

Rickie

Current Bankroll: $55.60
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Hey Rickie,

Good to see you blogging, yeah it's always useful from a discipline point of view.

I'm not really good at the software side of things, so will leave that for more qualified members to help you with. I just tend to record everything manually in an excel spreadsheet (god I'm so old fashioned :D ).

Just wanted to wish you all the best in your quest, I'll be an active follower of your blog. Will be interesting to see the highs & lows of grinding the multi-table sngs as I tend to do just regular 9 player ones at the moment.

Good luck buddy,

Bart
      Hi Bart,

Thanks for the post, I usually request an Audit from PokerStars for the tournaments but its a real pain, would be good to have something do it for you. After todays session I realise there are a lot of highs and lows in multi-table sngs.

Thanks
      Rickie
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Session - Tuesday 18th August 2009

Tournaments Played

8 x $2.20 180 Man SNG
      3 x $1.10 90 Man SNG
      1 x $1.10 1000+ man MTT
      1 x $2.20 1000+ man MTT Turbo
      39 x $1.10 45 Man SNG

Total = 52 Tournaments

Profit today: $20.14

Today was in my opinion a good session as its the most Ive made in the sessions since starting this blog, lets hope by the weekend I can break the $100 mark, all depends on how it goes the rest of the week.

I hope to bring graphs to this blog by next week

Goodnight all :)

Rickie

Current Bankroll: $75.74
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      hi,
      if u are still looking for program for graphs when u arent using pt3 or HEM then try pokerstove, its for free and its quitee good

Let ur cards be live

PS I havent been home for a long time so maybe the name is wrong cause I havent plaed for a month or so now, if thats the case, just reply and I will find it
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fakedurrr
      hi,
      if u are still looking for program for graphs when u arent using pt3 or HEM then try pokerstove, its for free and its quitee good

Let ur cards be live

PS I havent been home for a long time so maybe the name is wrong cause I havent plaed for a month or so now, if thats the case, just reply and I will find it
      Yea im still looking, I found pokertracker 3 a few days ago but it says you have to pay for it... Ill have take a look at pokerstove see what its like its definately worth a look at if its free

Thanks

Rickie
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Session - Wednesday 19th August 2009

Tournaments Played

1 x $5.50 1000+ man MTT Turbo
      1 x $1.10 1000+ man MTT
      1 x $1.10 90 Man SNG
      36 x $1.10 45 Man SNG

Total = 39 Tournaments

Profit today: $34.30

Today was an even better session than yesterday as I only played 39 tournaments and made more profit than all 3 sessions put together :) However tonight I didn't play as many tables as usual, I cut it down to around 12 at a time and was more profitable in the process. I think ive now found the right amount of tables for me.. 20 seemed a bit like ABC poker where as 12 gives me time to think and make correct decisions.

I also done some research on a graph program and apparently I can get PokerTracker 3 for free if I sign up to Ultimatebet and rake in 150 hands.. Has anyone played at Ultimatebet before? If so, is it worth signing up to get PokerTracker 3?

Current Bankroll: $110.04

Highest Bankroll: $110.04
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      If I were you I would get the PT3 60day trial and by the time it expires you should have made enough $$$ to buy the Holdem Manager. :f_wink:
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Session - Thursday 20th August 2009

Tournaments Played

20 x $1.10 45 Man SNG

Total = 20 Tournaments

Profit today: $3

Today I didn't play much poker yet I was still able to win $3, I hope to be able to play around 50-100 games over the weekend and get my bankroll to around $150. My aim by this time next week is to be around $200 which I believe is do-able playing only $1 tournaments. Can anyone advise how many buy-ins I would need to get to move up to $3.25 tournaments?

Current Bankroll: $113.04

Starting Bankroll: $45.08
      Highest Bankroll: $113.04
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Hey all,

I have decided to stop blogging until I go back to University as I found while im working its been very difficult to blog, play poker and work :( Just didn't seem to have the time as I found I was exhausted even when playing a 2-3 hour session when I got home. I will start a new blog up towards the end of september maybe something with a challenge in like $50-$1000 or something along those lines so I have something to work towards :) By then I will have plenty of time on my hands so hopefully it will be more interesting.

Thanks for reading

Rickie