RikJ21 Sit and Go/MTT Blog

• Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Hey All,

Im Rickie im from England in the UK, I started playing poker around about a year and half ago... Since then ive played mainly sit and gos and MTTs. Never been a cash game player however will start playing cash games when I get back to university.

I am going to be a full time student in september as I have just completed a work placement, I currently see poker as a hobbie however I am now going to take it more seriously. My AIM will be to only make a profit each day and this way eventually it will mean I can move up the limits accordingly.

The reason I am starting a blog is because I think this will help me play better poker and be more disciplined if I know I am writing my results on here every day/week.

I plan to start on 45 and 180 man sit and gos as I believe this are the most profitable out of the sit and gos, I will play around 15-20 tables at a time, I will update this everytime I play a session :)

Thanks for reading

Rickie

Current Bankroll: $45.08
  • 11 replies
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      1st Session - Sunday 16th August 2009

Tournaments Played

1 $11 Turbo - I dont know why I played this, I guess only had $45 dollars left and wanted to build up a bankroll quickly.... stupid mistake, from now on I stick to BRM! This meant my BR was now at $34.

44 $1.10 Turbo sit and gos - I then decided to play as many $1 sit and gos as I could, playing a mix of 90 and 45 man tournaments. At the end of the session, even though I played the $11 turbo at the start of the session, I was up $6.22, from now on I will stick to $1 sit and gos until I have a BR big enough to move up.

Does anyone know any useful programs which I can use to create Graphs and also keep track of my sit and gos as I currently have to do this manually?

Thanks

Rickie

Current Bankroll: $51.30
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hey Rickie,

Good to see you blogging, yeah it's always useful from a discipline point of view.

I'm not really good at the software side of things, so will leave that for more qualified members to help you with. I just tend to record everything manually in an excel spreadsheet (god I'm so old fashioned :D ).

Just wanted to wish you all the best in your quest, I'll be an active follower of your blog. Will be interesting to see the highs & lows of grinding the multi-table sngs as I tend to do just regular 9 player ones at the moment.

Good luck buddy,

Bart
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Session - Monday 17th August 2009

Tournaments Played

58 $1.10 Turbo sit and gos - Today has been a very swingy session.. I played around 20 tables for 3 hours and it was so frustrating!! One minute I was up and the next down, however the only positive is I actually made a little profit.

Maybe tomorrow will be better after all I only played 58 tournaments, this is variance right?

Below is a bad beat which I wouldn't like to see again :)

Seat 1: QuadFarther (1500 in chips)
      Seat 2: 77Devil77 (1490 in chips)
      Seat 3: RikJ21 (1480 in chips)
      Seat 4: saablick101 (1500 in chips)
      Seat 5: Gilfourn (1500 in chips)
      Seat 6: venenoso111 (880 in chips)
      Seat 7: Sikki Jakson (1500 in chips)
      Seat 8: djarotyson (2150 in chips)
      Seat 9: pelintra87 (1500 in chips)

RikJ21: posts small blind 10
      saablick101: posts big blind 20

*** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to RikJ21 [9d 9c]

Gilfourn: folds
      venenoso111: raises 20 to 40
      Sikki Jakson: folds
      djarotyson: folds
      pelintra87: folds
      QuadFarther: folds
      77Devil77: folds
      RikJ21: calls 30
      saablick101: folds

*** FLOP *** [4d 9s 3h]

RikJ21: bets 20
      venenoso111: raises 820 to 840 and is all-in
      RikJ21: calls 820

*** TURN *** [4d 9s 3h] [5s]
      *** RIVER *** [4d 9s 3h 5s] [Js]

*** SHOW DOWN ***
      RikJ21: shows [9d 9c] (three of a kind, Nines)
      venenoso111: shows [7s Ks] (a flush, King high)
      venenoso111 collected 1780 from pot

Pretty sick beat huh?

Profit today: $4.30

Rickie

Current Bankroll: $55.60
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Hey Rickie,

Good to see you blogging, yeah it's always useful from a discipline point of view.

I'm not really good at the software side of things, so will leave that for more qualified members to help you with. I just tend to record everything manually in an excel spreadsheet (god I'm so old fashioned :D ).

Just wanted to wish you all the best in your quest, I'll be an active follower of your blog. Will be interesting to see the highs & lows of grinding the multi-table sngs as I tend to do just regular 9 player ones at the moment.

Good luck buddy,

Bart
      Hi Bart,

Thanks for the post, I usually request an Audit from PokerStars for the tournaments but its a real pain, would be good to have something do it for you. After todays session I realise there are a lot of highs and lows in multi-table sngs.

Thanks
      Rickie
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Session - Tuesday 18th August 2009

Tournaments Played

8 x $2.20 180 Man SNG
      3 x $1.10 90 Man SNG
      1 x $1.10 1000+ man MTT
      1 x $2.20 1000+ man MTT Turbo
      39 x $1.10 45 Man SNG

Total = 52 Tournaments

Profit today: $20.14

Today was in my opinion a good session as its the most Ive made in the sessions since starting this blog, lets hope by the weekend I can break the $100 mark, all depends on how it goes the rest of the week.

I hope to bring graphs to this blog by next week

Goodnight all :)

Rickie

Current Bankroll: $75.74
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      hi,
      if u are still looking for program for graphs when u arent using pt3 or HEM then try pokerstove, its for free and its quitee good

Let ur cards be live

PS I havent been home for a long time so maybe the name is wrong cause I havent plaed for a month or so now, if thats the case, just reply and I will find it
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fakedurrr
      hi,
      if u are still looking for program for graphs when u arent using pt3 or HEM then try pokerstove, its for free and its quitee good

Let ur cards be live

PS I havent been home for a long time so maybe the name is wrong cause I havent plaed for a month or so now, if thats the case, just reply and I will find it
      Yea im still looking, I found pokertracker 3 a few days ago but it says you have to pay for it... Ill have take a look at pokerstove see what its like its definately worth a look at if its free

Thanks

Rickie
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Session - Wednesday 19th August 2009

Tournaments Played

1 x $5.50 1000+ man MTT Turbo
      1 x $1.10 1000+ man MTT
      1 x $1.10 90 Man SNG
      36 x $1.10 45 Man SNG

Total = 39 Tournaments

Profit today: $34.30

Today was an even better session than yesterday as I only played 39 tournaments and made more profit than all 3 sessions put together :) However tonight I didn't play as many tables as usual, I cut it down to around 12 at a time and was more profitable in the process. I think ive now found the right amount of tables for me.. 20 seemed a bit like ABC poker where as 12 gives me time to think and make correct decisions.

I also done some research on a graph program and apparently I can get PokerTracker 3 for free if I sign up to Ultimatebet and rake in 150 hands.. Has anyone played at Ultimatebet before? If so, is it worth signing up to get PokerTracker 3?

Current Bankroll: $110.04

Highest Bankroll: $110.04
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      If I were you I would get the PT3 60day trial and by the time it expires you should have made enough $$$ to buy the Holdem Manager. :f_wink:
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Session - Thursday 20th August 2009

Tournaments Played

20 x $1.10 45 Man SNG

Total = 20 Tournaments

Profit today: $3

Today I didn't play much poker yet I was still able to win $3, I hope to be able to play around 50-100 games over the weekend and get my bankroll to around $150. My aim by this time next week is to be around $200 which I believe is do-able playing only $1 tournaments. Can anyone advise how many buy-ins I would need to get to move up to $3.25 tournaments?

Current Bankroll: $113.04

Starting Bankroll: $45.08
      Highest Bankroll: $113.04
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Hey all,

I have decided to stop blogging until I go back to University as I found while im working its been very difficult to blog, play poker and work :( Just didn't seem to have the time as I found I was exhausted even when playing a 2-3 hour session when I got home. I will start a new blog up towards the end of september maybe something with a challenge in like $50-$1000 or something along those lines so I have something to work towards :) By then I will have plenty of time on my hands so hopefully it will be more interesting.

Thanks for reading

Rickie