This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 88 Nl50 Sh

• lekarz20
      lekarz20
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($32.20)
      Hero ($59.05)
      UTG ($51.65)
      UTG+1 ($52.70)
      CO ($50.75)
      BTN ($74.10)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: 8:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3.25) 7:diamond: 7:spade: 4:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero raises to $5.50, CO raises to $10.50, Hero folds

CO wins $13.55

Raise is good option to play this hand? In my opinion if I raise here I polarize my range between pair (88,99 and sometime 55,66)/air becouse probably I only call 7x here and 44 but if I call here i don't know anythink more about my place in this hand.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've always had trouble understanding that line in 6max without history, i just don't think it accomplishes anything until your opponent has a reason to get suspicious in that spot.

Most people at nl50 will just assume the first time that you've slowplayed a big pair or you hit a 7 and fold, they'll never ever call with worse and when they call you you're just as dead as if you had folded to a 2nd barrel, except you wasted more money before losing.

Just c/c the flop and possibly c/c any turn depending on how aggressive you think CO is (will he barrel scare cards, will he pot control with not so good overpairs..). c/f turn if you feel like you can't make a good enough guess as to whether you're beat or not on the turn.

Hope it helps.