Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $71.15
      Hero:
      $9.95

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.50) 3:heart: , J:diamond: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($4.50) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero raises to $7.95 (All-In), SB calls $3.45.

River: ($20.40) 6:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20.40
  • 5 replies
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      without history/reads: you have to raise the mindonk in order to "cbet".

I'd raise him to 3$-3.50$ (call his bet and then raise around 1/2 potsize).

don't forget to make a note with what kind of hand he made such a play.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I ignore the mindonk and raise to the size I'd normally cbet.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Contibet normaly, his bet could be just a way to see a cheap turn card. Did he have diamonds?
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      It turned out he did have diamonds. The reason i didn't come over the top is because I have seen a lot of loose players making this minbet not only to get a cheap turn, but to decide if they can push you off the pot. I decided that since i have position I would call and give this loose player the chance to make a potsize bluff on the turn. On this flop the only scare card that can come is an ace. If I raise there (which probably is not a bad play either) then he makes an easy laydown with his crap (i mean what good draw does he have? 24 off?). But at least i would have won the pot there. I can't really decide what is better.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey noclaninator,

on this flop you really hold the nuts with KK and your only concern is how to get money in.

With only 48 hands villain's postflop stats are useless thus I would just disregard his donk bet and c-bet to 3$ as villain doesn't look like a good player and such are more likely to call raise than raise themselves. However if you have some read or another reason to slowplay then that's an option, but if villain just donks 1BB each street then you have to raise him on the flop.

This time slowplay paid off as you got the money in with very +EV, but as said, you need a reason to presume villain will put money in the pot by himself if you let him.

As played, turn is obvious, nice hand.

Regards,
      burek2000