SH vs FR

• Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Short Handed vs Full Ring

Which is better? and why?

I'm considering switching to SH. Is this a normal evolution or just a style change (like BSS and SSS)?

What limit is the best for the transition? How much should I play FR before switching to SH?

I know that at high and middle stakes mostly are SH tables, so I would have to go through this at some point. Is it better to start early?
  • 3 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      PS: Can the articles from silver (the second part, after SSS) be used for FR? Or are they specially for SH?

This ones.
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      I wouldn't feel confident playing SH without having read all the silver articles (twice) and watching as many videos as I could.

The silver articles have example hands from both FR and SH (many actually from SH) and also talk about some differences. They are very well written articles and I wish I could still read them myself..

The best advice so far I have from switching to SH is to play it like FR, but with the first 3 (or 4) seats sitting out or missing. Pay a lot more attention to the types of players, their positions and play accordingly - you'll be involved in many more hands together than FR. Those silver articles discuss about how to play different types in and out of position and are some of the best material I've ever seen on NL SH.

After reading those I could play NL10 SH easily and won a lot just by playing for value and not bluffing much. Be prepared for faster swings than FR, since your involved in more hands, otherwise I don't see why the two games should be so different.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Thanks for the response.

I understand the differences. But which is more profitable(/better)?

Which do you prefer? Why?