This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Aa, Nl5 Sh

• Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($5.76)
      Hero (Button) ($5.80)
      CO ($5)
      MP ($5.92)
      UTG ($8.88)
      SB ($4.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A:club: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.18, 1 fold, CO (poster) calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.64) 4:club: , K:spade: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30, Hero raises $1, SB raises $2.63, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5.60 (All-In), SB calls $1.82 (All-In)

Turn: ($10.44) 2:spade: (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($10.44) 5:club: (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $10.44

----------------------------------------

Only a few hands with this player, he seemed really tight. When he called from the sb I thought his most likely hand to be a pp.
      Then he takes this standard tight-player set-hunter line: donk flop and when raised, try to get it all-in. Perfect flop for this.
      I think with a K he would be more likely to check-raise the flop or just call my flop-raise.
      After his line I thought he had AK at least, but now that I think of it that's less likely because I have AA.

But I want to know am I thinking too much here and should this just be an easy shove? Or is it plausable to sometimes fold this?
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      - When a tight player calls from SB like this, its usually a pp. But on this limit it could be other hands too. Specially if unknown.
      - He then leads vs 2 players indicating strength.
      - The dry flop suggests he has a set or a K. If he doesnt call KQ-(as you said, he rarely has AK here) pf from SB then you might be in trouble.
      - You can go for pot control(call down dry board) if you feel he has a set but you will lose money if he has a worse hand than yours.
      - These spots are difficult to play for any player, but with experience you will learn how =)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      - When a tight player calls from SB like this, its usually a pp. But on this limit it could be other hands too. Specially if unknown.
      - He then leads vs 2 players indicating strength.
      - The dry flop suggests he has a set or a K. If he doesnt call KQ-(as you said, he rarely has AK here) pf from SB then you might be in trouble.
      - You can go for pot control(call down dry board) if you feel he has a set but you will lose money if he has a worse hand than yours.
      - These spots are difficult to play for any player, but with experience you will learn how =)
      +1
      one option is call down
      Other option is to raise, but then fold to 3-bet, since that would mean set close to 100%
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Ty guys,

now that I think of it again, I only beat a bluff or an occasional AK here. Good to hear I can take it slow with confidence with certain opponents and boards.