[NL2-NL10] Aa, Nl5 Sh

• Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($5.76)
      Hero (Button) ($5.80)
      CO ($5)
      MP ($5.92)
      UTG ($8.88)
      SB ($4.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A:club: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.18, 1 fold, CO (poster) calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.64) 4:club: , K:spade: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30, Hero raises $1, SB raises $2.63, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5.60 (All-In), SB calls $1.82 (All-In)

Turn: ($10.44) 2:spade: (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($10.44) 5:club: (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $10.44

----------------------------------------

Only a few hands with this player, he seemed really tight. When he called from the sb I thought his most likely hand to be a pp.
      Then he takes this standard tight-player set-hunter line: donk flop and when raised, try to get it all-in. Perfect flop for this.
      I think with a K he would be more likely to check-raise the flop or just call my flop-raise.
      After his line I thought he had AK at least, but now that I think of it that's less likely because I have AA.

But I want to know am I thinking too much here and should this just be an easy shove? Or is it plausable to sometimes fold this?
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      - When a tight player calls from SB like this, its usually a pp. But on this limit it could be other hands too. Specially if unknown.
      - He then leads vs 2 players indicating strength.
      - The dry flop suggests he has a set or a K. If he doesnt call KQ-(as you said, he rarely has AK here) pf from SB then you might be in trouble.
      - You can go for pot control(call down dry board) if you feel he has a set but you will lose money if he has a worse hand than yours.
      - These spots are difficult to play for any player, but with experience you will learn how =)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      - When a tight player calls from SB like this, its usually a pp. But on this limit it could be other hands too. Specially if unknown.
      - He then leads vs 2 players indicating strength.
      - The dry flop suggests he has a set or a K. If he doesnt call KQ-(as you said, he rarely has AK here) pf from SB then you might be in trouble.
      - You can go for pot control(call down dry board) if you feel he has a set but you will lose money if he has a worse hand than yours.
      - These spots are difficult to play for any player, but with experience you will learn how =)
      +1
      one option is call down
      Other option is to raise, but then fold to 3-bet, since that would mean set close to 100%
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Ty guys,

now that I think of it again, I only beat a bluff or an occasional AK here. Good to hear I can take it slow with confidence with certain opponents and boards.