[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Sh 88

• thedahl
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:diamond: , 8:club:
      CO raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, SB folds, BB calls $0.10, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.29) 2:spade: , 3:diamond: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.29, Hero raises to $0.76, BB calls $0.47.

Turn: ($1.81) K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.81) 3:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26.

Final Pot: $2.33

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, threes full of eights (8d 8c)
      BB shows a full-house, threes full of tens (Tc Th)

BB wins with a full-house, threes full of tens (Tc Th)
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      I´d just call flop.
      If you´re going to raise flop, then you can also shove turn
      Kx is not so likely and he can fold higher overpair than yours or call with flushdraw
    • TheBrood
      - When he calls your 3bet pf from oop I put him on a pp or AK/AQ. He is cautious of a better hand.
      - On that flop you must bear in mind that by raising, only pp will stay in the hand and Ax will fold. PS strat says you want better to fold and worse to call.
      - If you think he will call with 77-(I dont think he leads these hands on the flop so big) or Ax then I like the raise, but if you think he is bluffing then let him keep bluffing turn and river imo.
      - Since he leads potsize into you this looks like a strongish hand, but not the nuts. On this limit they usually slowplay the nuts.
      - I would call once on flop, but would prob fold to a strong turn bet since not many ppl bluff 2 streets on nl2 imo.
      - It all comes down to who has the best pp and since hes leading strong I think he has the better hand. By calling the flop you might see a cheap showdown which is good because we have SD value.

Edit: Forgot to add that K on turn is perfect for you to bluff him off QQ- hands! He must be capable of folding that here though. And the bluff must be biggish like 4/5+ pot for it to work.