I just can't stand it...

• Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Hi everybody,

I make this topic because my situation is now horrible... I used to play on PLO10/25 on Full tilt (with a deposit bonus) and I finished 3rd on an iron man's tournament (bronze) which gave me 1.500$ in less than 1 month. My bankroll was about 2.300$ and I decided to go on Pokerstars to clear the reload's bonus. But now, this is just terrible. I'm posting my hands but, most of the time, I've played them well. To tell you, all the hands I've posted were lost.

Just have a look at my graph (only PLO25 SH), it's such a shame...

I really don't know what to do anymore, the pokerstars' players are so bad, they play ALL the hands and always hit... This is so horrible :(

Was I just lucky on FTP (and Pacific where I've changed 50$ into 600$) ? Am I just a fish ?
  • 10 replies
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Gold
      Well its easy to overestimate your edge against bad players that go too far in a hand. The problem with this is that often weak hands have more equity than you first think, many of the mistakes loose players make are much less horrible as you would intuitivly think. Furthermore its often correct to play relatively loose in PLO as you can see very well demonstrated in Highstakes games which are extremly loose. That said most of those loose players on the low limits are still pretty bad but you cant profit from them as extremly as you might think or wish.
      If the hands you posted are played well most of the time its probably normal variance for the most part.
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      PLO & Stars isn't the best combination. Worse is only Everest + PLO.
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      What do you mean ?
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      I play Hold'em on Stars. It's going nice, can't complain. But whenever I play PLO I'm losing big b/c my opponents just can't fold and they can't miss the river.
      When I play PLO on Betfair I'm winning. When I play PLO on onGame I'm winning. But PLO on Stars looks quite rigged to me, lol.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Maybe it's variance (some guy at 2p2 showed graph where he dropped 3k BB in one day and then grinded it back to breakeven 11k hands)? Where's your EV line at?
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Really really high but I don't mind, I cashed out all my bankroll, I just could'nt stand it. I'll finish my bonus on Pacific Poker and then I'll see.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      It would be nice to see your showdown and non-showdown winnings. I find that pure aggression simply doesn't work in loose/aggressive games, while loose/passive playstyle is much more profitable. And in loose/passive games, you should be tight/aggressive instead of loose/aggressive - and this might explain why your games over stars haven't gone so well, because the game tends to be looser and more passive than the games over Full Tilt.

10k hands is small samplesize though, but you should consider avoiding marginal situations postflop and fold more often to preflop raises instead of trying to play from position, because as people have mentioned, people do not know how to fold in microstakes -> reduces your chances stealing pots from position.
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      You're right, but I defenately stopped playing Omaha at Pokerstars. Now, I'm just playing lots of DoN 1$ to clear that bonus (should be done easily).

I still play Omaha (but PL50) at Pacific Poker and I'm doing very well (50$ to 700$).
    • bonzen3010
      bonzen3010
      Bronze
      That you are winning doesn´t necessarily mean you are playing good.
      in PLO u can suffer huge swings.
      If u´r using HEM Omaha u should alwayls analyse your hands and figure out if u put it in ahead.

It´s even possible that u do it alright
      and still lose over some k hands.

So don´t go crazy about dropping some money and always work on ur game!

If u don´t now it yet take a look at:
      http://www.propokertools.com/
      and put in some of your all-in hands
      it helps alot in omaha to know ur equity
    • simm1
      simm1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zheelvern
      I play Hold'em on Stars. It's going nice, can't complain. But whenever I play PLO I'm losing big b/c my opponents just can't fold and they can't miss the river.
      When I play PLO on Betfair I'm winning. When I play PLO on onGame I'm winning. But PLO on Stars looks quite rigged to me, lol.
      thats why you play for nuts, and since they cant fold, you will get paid. (almoust) dont play non-nuts, and you will be fine.

I play PLO at stars, and like it :)