Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $21.00
      MP3:
      $57.58

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:heart: , 6:heart:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $2.00, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.50) 8:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.25, Hero raises to $4.50, MP3 calls $2.25.

Turn: ($13.50) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.50 (All-In), MP3 calls $14.50.

River: ($42.50) 6:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $42.50

With villain's tight stats, I think this minR is often a monster. In this case we can usually rely on sufficient implieds for call with a hand like this given the pot odds. Anyone disagree?
  • 6 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      How often do you hit well enough to go broke? with Fullstack its an easy call but with Short i'm not so sure if its worth it.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I think it depends how often he does it. If he did it for the first time, maybe he just wants to extract some money with a monster in which case a call shouldn't be worthy. If he's stealing all the time than probably calling him down lightly and try to get him in position could be a fine play.

Edit: I just saw that you are OOP I thought he was SB. I think you should fold hands like that since it will be really hard to play PF if you don't hit as miracolously as you did.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I also think that calling OOP is not worth it. It's much harder to play it and flopping a straight or a flush is really rare. You'll flop draws more often and will have to outplay your opponent post flop, which is often difficult with a SS. Is opponents is stealing from SB, then sometimes I like to call SC (still I prefer face cards).

If his min-raise is a monster it's even less worth it to call imo, because you are simply beat pre-flop, and you definitely won't hit often enough nor do we have enough implieds with a SS. It gets interesting when opponent min raises weak hands though, because then you can often extract value from him post flop.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well I guess I have to bow to the consensus of opinion on this one; just had a gut feeling he was slowplaying a monster and that if i could flop something nice I could stack him.

Point taken though - you spoilsports :D - I won't do it again...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      How often do you hit well enough to go broke? with Fullstack its an easy call but with Short i'm not so sure if its worth it.
      This first of all :)

As played, why check/minraise? You have to protect against FDs and potential Action killers so just c/Rto$8 and shove accordingly

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      You have to protect against FDs and potential Action killers

Well, to explain again; I was almost certain that villain had KK or AA from the way he played it. I trusted my read and so I don't have to proctect against those hands - rather suck him in with his overpair.