Beat the rake

• Monkeye
      Monkeye
      Bronze
      Hello,

When I got my start capital $50 one of the hands I got on nl 5 was "TT" and made on the flop my set. Went all in and made $20 in just 5 minutes!!and my bankroll was $70 I thought I was the best and had already beaten that limit. So I openened 4 tables on nl 5 But then I realised I was not that good and in 2 days my bankroll was $40.

Than I started to play DoN went down too $32 but with reading and watching and posting hands I have a winrate of 65-75% and my bankroll is again $50. When I reach the $60 I want too play the $1,20 SnG for 9 players cost 10 cent more but you can win more :s_cool:

I have already read something about the SnG and one sentenceI see very much. "The micro SnG are unbeatable because the high rake + variance" Is this really true if you read much, practice and post hands?
  • 4 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Micro's are definitely beatable - The high rake and variance makes it difficult but definitely beatable. If you're hitting a 65-70% winrate in DON's though then you would be better off playing those until you hit $150 bankroll then go straight for the $3.40 sng's (assuming you're at stars).
    • Monkeye
      Monkeye
      Bronze
      Oh thank you for very much for the answer, I play also on stars =) .

Today I read the article "How high is the Variance for SnG's?" it is a silver article but I don't understand the examples ?(

If you read the examples you get some X% but how is it possible that the probability is more than 100% if you count them up?

And how is it calculate? (than i don't mean the ROI but the variance)
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by Monkeye
      Oh thank you for very much for the answer, I play also on stars =) .

Today I read the article "How high is the Variance for SnG's?" it is a silver article but I don't understand the examples ?(

If you read the examples you get some X% but how is it possible that the probability is more than 100% if you count them up?

And how is it calculate? (than i don't mean the ROI but the variance)
      I'm still a bronzee because my stars account isn't tracked so i've no idea i'm afraid. I'm sure someone else on here will have the answer though!
    • pondlife78
      pondlife78
      Bronze
      There's no reason they would add up to 100%. The list of possible outcomes aren't mutually exclusive. You could both have an OOTM sequence of 15 BI or more and have an ROI of 9% or better.
      I think it's calculated by simulating the results of that many games multiple times and the percentages are the percentage of times that those results were obtained.
      Hope that makes sense