66 utg shove?

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Hello guys, i played one hand which i discussed with a friend and we were unable to agree with each other so i would like to ask for your opinion.

blinds level 150/300 ante 30

i am UTG with 66. it is full ring and there are 5 players after me with stack 10k, my stack is 4800. How do u play this hand, open shove or fold?

thz
  • 10 replies
    • MisterHomes
      MisterHomes
      Bronze
      You still have a decent sized stack -- theres no need to make such a marginal push. If you think you could get a cheap flop, then limp, otherwise i'd probably fold.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Fold it. Limping is even worse than shoving imo. Your stack is big enough to wait for one whole round so folding your low pair is the best play here.
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      In that position and with that stack I fold 77- ,AT- ,and the famous KQ-
      Pushing is the biggest mistake to make. You have some opponents with big stacks and idk their ranges but you can best hope for a flip.

EDIT: It's obviously a MTT, so if it is the late stage I would reconsider the hands. I would be way looser, so the stage of the tournament is important in deciding how to play it. If you are already ITM, or near the bubble.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      depends on table but unless it's too aggro i raise/fold to 750 and i see no reason not to do it
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      i fold outright. there's no need to be so loose from UTG, there are better hands you can raise from UTG, 66 sucks, yada yada.

steIIstuI's range is great but you can raise stuff like kqs, qjs, jts, t9s, a2s-a5s, etc on a bunch of tables. just dont raise 22-66.

folding >>>> raise750/folding > shoving > raise900/folding > raise900/calling >> limping
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MisterHomes
      You still have a decent sized stack -- theres no need to make such a marginal push. If you think you could get a cheap flop, then limp, otherwise i'd probably fold.
      I fold.
      Best case someone call you , you are 50/50 if not dominated.
      After the blind you still have 4350 which can be easily used to steal.
    • budzior
      budzior
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888

folding >>>> raise750/folding > shoving > raise900/folding > raise900/calling >> limping
      I like this. :)
    • strazdas
      strazdas
      Bronze
      Why limping is so bad?

Set mining is always profitable, if you get to see the flop cheap :)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      setmining with 13 bb is almost always unprofitable
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Diamond
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian Fold it. Limping is even worse than shoving imo. Your stack is big enough to wait for one whole round so folding your low pair is the best play here.
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      setmining with 13 bb is almost always unprofitable
      THIS
      Originally posted by chenny8888

i fold outright. there's no need to be so loose from UTG, there are better hands you can raise from UTG, 66 sucks, yada yada.

steIIstuI's range is great but you can raise stuff like kqs, qjs, jts, t9s, a2s-a5s, etc on a bunch of tables. just dont raise 22-66.

imo raising is worse then shoving with ur stack there, u cant even raise kqs, qjs, jts, t9s, a2s-a5s, etc with that stack here ur range is 88+, AJs+, AQ+ raise other fold (and this is also little loose imo, with ur stack i like 88-TT, AJs AQ open shove , JJ+,AQs+AK open raise 750 if got reraised shove, Cbet any flop)