Going through this particular phase...

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all

Just wondering if this is normal and if anyone can give me any advice.

Playing NL2 for about 3 months now. Definitely consider myself a good player, tight and aggressive, very selective about starting hands depending on position etc...

However as I get better and more comfortable, I tend to make decisions faster without thinking, or not thinking as much as before, this I think actually makes my game worse.

Is this a normal phase to go through? I'm also having a losing streak these days, which may be a contribution factor.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • adeiush
      adeiush
      Bronze
      It is normal. These decisions are caused by boredom. It is something called tilt because of boring. U might try to force yourself to think 2-3 seconds before every decision (even easy, but not preflop).

I have the same problem and it appears to me that i have solved it by playing 16 tables at the same time. Hope the 2-3 secs suits you better and hope it helps.

GL
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adeiush
      It is normal. These decisions are caused by boredom. It is something called tilt because of boring. U might try to force yourself to think 2-3 seconds before every decision (even easy, but not preflop).

I have the same problem and it appears to me that i have solved it by playing 16 tables at the same time. Hope the 2-3 secs suits you better and hope it helps.

GL
      lol how does playing more tables help him solve his problem?

Play fewer tables and force yourself to use up more time before acting out your decision.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rickydaprince
      Originally posted by adeiush

GL
      lol how does playing more tables help him solve his problem?

Play fewer tables and force yourself to use up more time before acting out your decision.
      +1
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Force yourself to think twice or more before making any decisions.

There are a couple of things that helps me as well. I keep my hand off the mouse when I'm playing... and I also like to keep a few chips with me and keep shuffling them, it helps me focus for some reason. Go figure. :P