Rakeback FAQ (Look here first)

• EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Additional FAQ are provided below the following flow chart. Example Calculations at the bottom of the post.

All details have been officially checked with Full Tilt Poker Support Team and are accurate as at 18th August 2009 and updated as at 1st May 2010.

Rakeback FAQ

How much rakeback do I get?
      • You will receive an amount equal to 27% of your Net Earned Rake (after deductions - see below)

How is Net Earned Rake calculated?
      [list]
      [*]= Rake (A) + Juice (B) - Bonuses (C) - Added Value (D) - Used Points (E) - Fees (F)

(A) Rake: Earned whilst playing on Cash Tables (Full Tilt Rake Calculator);
      (B) Juice: Entry Fees paid on Tournaments & SNGs, e.g. 10 cents in a $1+0.10 tournament;
      (C) Bonuses: All bonuses, whether first deposit, mid/end year, IronMan, Academy, Ad hoc etc;
      (D) Added Value: Your proportion of any additional amount added to prize pools above those covered by player entries, e.g. All freerolls, Guaranteed Tournaments where guarantee isn't met etc;
      (E) Used Points: Spending of FTP points (approx $0.005 per point), IronMan Medals (approx $0.20-$0.25 per Medal) & Academy Credits;
      (F) Fees: Additional costs incurred by FTP whilst handling your account, e.g. depositing/withdrawing money (Full Tilt do not provide details of exactly how much is charged). [/list]

Do spending FTP points/IronMan Medals/Academy Credits affect rakeback?
      • All purchases made using FTP points will affect rakeback (Net Earned Rake reduced by approx $0.005 per FTP point);
      • All purchases (except Tournament Tokens - see below) using IronMan Medals e.g. bonuses, clothing & other merchandise will affect rakeback (Net Earned Rake reduced by approx $0.20 to $0.25 per Medal used);
      • All purchases (except Tournament Tokens - see below) using Academy Credits e.g. bonuses, clothing & other merchandise will affect rakeback (Net Earned Rake reduced by approx $0.005 per credit);
      • Purchasing $26 & $75 Tournament Tokens using IronMan Medals or Academy Credits do not affect rakeback unless the tournament entered fails to achieve the guaranteed prize pool (Added Value step in calculation)
      • Purchasing FTP points by spending IronMan Medals or Academy Credits will not affect rakeback however when you subsequently spend those FTP, they will be deducted in the normal way.

How do I qualify for Rakeback?
      • Only players who sign up to Full Tilt using the PokerStrategy codes of PS150 (starting capital) or PSVIP (first deposit bonus) are entitled to rakeback.

I already have an existing Full Tilt account, can it be retracked to PokerStrategy to receive rakeback?
      • No, Full Tilt do not allow the retracking of previous accounts. This is generic and beyond PokerStrategy's control.
      • If your previous account was "play money" only, Full Tilt might allow you to be tracked to PokerStrategy, please contact Full Tilt's support team and quote the PSVIP code. This is not guaranteed and Full Tilt's decision will be final and binding.

Can rakeback become negative?
      • Yes, a negative balance will occur if your deductions are greater than your Rake and Tournament fees in any given week (e.g. spending lots of points and/or playing freerolls etc). Negative rakeback will not be taken from your account, but instead held over until you earn sufficient rake to offset it.
      • A negative rakeback balance does not expire and will continue to roll over to the following weeks until it is cleared by earning more rake. (NB. This is different to previous common thoughts, but confirmed by Full Tilt 18th Sept 2009).

When is rakeback paid?
      • Rakeback is calculated for your play between Tuesday and Monday and usually paid out a few days later on the following Friday. However it can occasionally be delayed a few days and we would ask that you wait until Tuesday before contacting support for assistance.

I haven't received any rakeback this week?
      • Please follow the steps in the flow chart above.

Is it possible to track my rakeback?
      • You can see an indication of Rake (A) earnt through software programmes such as Elephant, Holdem Manager, PokerTracker3 etc.
      • Other steps in the calculation e.g. (B), (C) etc would need to be input/calculated manually.
      • xxx Full details follow shortly xxx

Qu?
      • xxx

(g) (Spending Academy Credits) - See the FTP point calculation as same value per credit ($0.005).

With grateful thanks to all community members who contributed to this thread.

Last updated: 08.02.2011 by MichaelM
  • 344 replies
      Bronze
      Great work.. I Like it alot. That was fast. Here is an addition...

Question:

Will creating a thread about my rakeback not being given to me yet
      when it is the Friday it should be here get me my rakeback faster?

Follow up question: If I do this every single week will it then get me my rakeback faster?

third question:

What about now? If I make a thread about my rakeback not being received instead of writing
      a ticket to support AFTER waiting untill Monday, Will it get to me any faster???
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Nice i like the table :P !

Hope this will help all of those who have problem with rakeback ^__^
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi,

are you 100% sure about the info there? I know you checked with the Full Tilt support via email before you posted this but still.. I'm pretty sure that the GROSS RAKE is reduced by 0.005$ per FTP when you buy stuff from the FT shop not RAKEBACK and spending medals should NOT affect rakeback at all as far as I know (unless you buy the bonus - clearing this bonus does)..

Anyway, well done. We really needed a thread like this. Now the 2% of the people who bother searching the forums before posting will find their answer here.. :f_grin:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      Hi,

are you 100% sure about the info there? I know you checked with the Full Tilt support via email before you posted this but still.. I'm pretty sure that the GROSS RAKE is reduced by 0.005$ per FTP when you buy stuff from the FT shop not RAKEBACK and spending medals should NOT affect rakeback at all as far as I know (unless you buy the bonus - clearing this bonus does)..

Anyway, well done. We really needed a thread like this. Now the 2% of the people who bother searching the forums before posting will find their answer here.. :f_grin:
      Hi LuborC,

Yeah your totally right on the first point, I stated it correctly in the calculation line but then misused it later on by mistake, cheers mate, I'll correct it to avoid confusion. Adding a few examples will hopefully clarify this aspect better too.

Re Medals/Credits spending, FTP support clearly stated that all purchases (bonuses, clothing, dvds, chip sets etc) other than tournament tokens would directly reduce the total earned rake.
      Both this and the "negative rakeback doesnt expire/keeps rolling over" were surprises to me however as I must admit I always thought the same as yourself on this issue.

I'll collate a few more views of other aspects from people and then double check with FTP support again incase I just got someone reading a script incorrectly to me :P

Appreciate your feedback my friend :)

Bart
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      edit: deleted cause i'm a twat
    • arvydkot
      arvydkot
      Bronze
      Eagle star very nice FAQ :f_love:
      But i still have some questions. Can you confirm that points spent in the shop reduces your rakeback or netrake? Becouse if it reduces rakeback it makes no sense to buy anything from the shop.
      And i couldnt find any info about transaction fees. It says that its up to 5%. Is it also from rakeback or from netrake? I deposited 500$ and withdrawed 700$ last week does it mean that i will lose 60$? Thats alot...
      Thank you
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arvydkot
      Eagle star very nice FAQ :f_love:
      But i still have some questions. Can you confirm that points spent in the shop reduces your rakeback or netrake? Becouse if it reduces rakeback it makes no sense to buy anything from the shop.
      And i couldnt find any info about transaction fees. It says that its up to 5%. Is it also from rakeback or from netrake? I deposited 500$ and withdrawed 700$ last week does it mean that i will lose 60$? Thats alot...
      Thank you
      Hey arvydkot,

The reductions are always from the gross rake not directly from your rakeback. So if you have $60 in fees deducted from your gross rake- you would essentially lose 27% of it in rakeback.

And yes, FTP purchases do have an effect on your rakeback - since they are also taken from the gross rake.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      mid-year/end-year bonuses aren't deducted from your net rake
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by redskwerl
      mid-year/end-year bonuses aren't deducted from your net rake
      Thanks red, this goes against what Full Tilt confirmed just the other day, so will add it on my list of things to recheck with them.

Cheers,

Bart
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Flow Chart updated for clarification (Net Earned Rake / Rakeback)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      18th Sept: Some example calculations added (effect of deductions).

Best regards,

Bart
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      excellent excellent work.
    • superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I just get the $50 from the Take2 promo, do i get less rakeback ?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by superjunk
      Hi,
      I just get the $50 from the Take2 promo, do i get less rakeback ?
      Hi superjunk,

The official line from Full Tilt is that all bonuses issued will affect rakeback, but as you can see from the calculations your still up overall, so always worth taking.

Best regards,

Bart
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      you will be stupid not to take any free money.

always +ev, so don't worry about take 2 or biggest bonus ever or first deposit bonus or whatever comes up, it is always profitable.

hope it helps
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      If I register in an tournament for FTP's, does that count as spending them? I played about 2k ftp worth of satellites, are they going to deduct (2k x .5c) x .27 = $2.7 from my rakeback?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Frakkk
      If I register in an tournament for FTP's, does that count as spending them? I played about 2k ftp worth of satellites, are they going to deduct (2k x .5c) x .27 = $2.7 from my rakeback?
      I'm pretty sure they will Frakkk, but still a cost effective way of spending them.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Kemor
      Kemor
      Bronze
      Q: " Have you recently deposited or withdrawn money from Full Tilt ?"
      A: " Your Net Earned Rake will be reduced by admin fees (max 5% of total) .... "

1) My question is: when it will be deducted less then 5% ??

2) What if i will transfer some money to another player or give someone a gift $ ? Is this affect my rake back as well ?

Sorry for my english.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kemor
      Q: " Have you recently deposited or withdrawn money from Full Tilt ?"
      A: " Your Net Earned Rake will be reduced by admin fees (max 5% of total) .... "

1) My question is: when it will be deducted less then 5% ??

2) What if i will transfer some money to another player or give someone a gift $ ? Is this affect my rake back as well ?

Sorry for my english.
      Hi Kemor,

Thanks for your question.

1) Full Tilt were very evasive and would not tell me what charges are made, how much or when/where applied. We understand from previous cases that no more than 5% is charged, but cannot be more specific at this time I'm afraid.
      In reality, I think the effect is pretty nominal (small).

2) My understanding is that player transfers do not affect rakeback as there is no "cost" as such to Full Tilt. The money is already in their system and they do not have to pay any fees to a third party.

Hope these help, any problems/further questions, don't hesitate to shout.

Best regards,

Bart