This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 AJo

• Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $5,00
      Hero:
      $7,73
      BU:
      $5,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:heart: , A:diamond: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,25.
      3 folds, MP3 checks, Hero raises to $1,25, BU calls $1,25, 3 folds.

Flop: ($3,10) J:diamond: , 5:diamond: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,75, BU calls $1,75.

Turn: ($6,60) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,73 (All-In), BU calls $2,00 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($10,60) 4:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10,60

Time to slow down on the turn?
  • 4 replies
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      Time to slow down on the turn?
      quite tricky. unlucky card on the turn. it is possible that he called with a hand like QJ,QT,Q9,98,KQ (or TT,JJ).

he can also have KJ,99,AT,AJ,88 or a random FD.

still you can't fold here, can you? you need to win this pot only 20% of the time since he has only 2$ left.
      so you can just as easily bet out yourself to get value from a hand like KJ.
      so no reason here to make an exception to the rule that you push any turn if you have a made hand on the flop.

again, i would bet more on the flop since it is really draw-heavy.
      you should pay attention to this, i saw this in some other hands you posted today.

so b/c flop $2 and shove turn (or shove flop yourself if you like).
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      he only has $2 left on turn so I guess you have to push. Nasty card but you get very good odds.

I like to cbet $2 here.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I think you should push turn given his stack size, you are both commited on the turn anyway. Off course if he sees your bet as a sign of weakness, you are maybe able to extract more money from him, but still IMO pushing the flop is the cleanest decision.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Effective stacksize is $3.75 flop, and you bet $2 which is 50% >> so push push push flop :)

It sounds like overkill but I think you have to play it this way

The other method is cBet flop and shove any Turn

Best regards,
      Gerv