Stack
      Hero:
      $5,00
      MP3:
      $25,00
      CO:
      $7,35

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:heart: , 8:club:
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,85, CO calls $0,85, BU folds, Hero calls $0,75, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,80) 6:club: , 7:spade: , 9:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $6,50 (All-In), Hero calls $4,15 (All-In), MP3 folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($11,10) 3:spade:
      River: ($11,10) A:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $11,10

May be better to flop preflop. On the flop we have middle pair + OESD. CO seems loose (small sample) and the overbet on the flop didn't make that much sense. Ok to call?
  • 3 replies
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      ok, here you coldcall 88 oop instead of AQ/AK ip (like in the other hand you posted).

i think this is a very bad idea. you will VERY rarely hit a flop as good as this one.

so if you play SSS you are way better off, to play "push or fold" preflop in these situations.

Infact there are some indications here that you can profit with a push.
      (MP3 is just loose enough to justify a squeeze with the 43/9 CO here).

But if you don't see these, then folding is still better than calling.

As you hit a dream flop i would bet out to protect against overcards and go broke if i get raised.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I'm not going to analyse flop because I would not have called preflop.

Actually I would have Squeezed here. I really like the spot to just push it in preflop.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Tampaloeres81,

calling preflop raises when playing SSS is considered a sin and should be avoided at all costs. That's because you will almost never get the odds to make a profitable call because of your short stack and thus burn money in the long term.

So, either push or fold preflop when there was a raise before you. Until you play NL25 and have silver status I would simply stick to basic strategy and fold, but there is a gold member article which tells you how to adjust pushing ranges according to villain's PFR and according to this article you could have pushed all-in preflop, but before studying it fold is your best option.

As played, you need 2:1 odds to make the call with OESD on the flop, but you don't get them, so folding flop would be correct.

Regards,
      burek2000