It's in the cards, written in the stars - SSS almost sank me!

• 0tt
      0tt
      Bronze
      It's in the cards, written in the stars

Hello fellow PS members!

I'm starting this blog to track my ups and downs and share some info with other players and to develop my game.

My name is Ott and I'm from Estonia. I have always found poker interesting as I played it with my friends just for fun. When I turned 18 I was eager to play some online poker. A friend of mine suggested me to register at PS.com and start playing and learning the game. I started with my first bankroll at Pokerstars and guess what, I went busto. I made really stupid decisions back then and I just can't stop laughing how stupid I was.

Now, it's history.
      Playing at Full Tilt now and things are not going really well at the moment. I'm playing SSS at NL5. I just hope it's variance because my sample size is roughly 20k hands. My BB/100 is -2 at the moment and I'm down -36BI's :f_o:

Here is my EV graph to start with.

I'm doing a session later on and posting some interesting hands if I have some ;)

Best of luck at the tables! :s_cool:

Short term goals

• Positive BB/100
      • Reach NL10
      • Improve my game

Long term goals

• Build my BR to 600$ and leave FT to another poker room with RB
      • Switch from SSS to BSS in NL25
  • 9 replies
    • 0tt
      0tt
      Bronze
      Finished my first session and ~ +1BI :f_love:
      It has been ages since I hade a positive session. Played about 1k hands. Made one really stupid mistake, but I managed to run over EV line :f_cool:
    • 0tt
      0tt
      Bronze
      Finished my first session today. Played 700 hands and the result is -3BI :f_frown:
      Lots of JJ vs KK. QQ vs KK, set vs set and stuff like that, but I ran over EV line.

Here is one river decision I would like to share:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $0.75
      SB:
      $1.77
      BB(Hero):
      $1.12
      UTG2:
      $5.66
      MP1:
      $5.12
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $1.12
      CO:
      $5.60

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, K.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.12) K, J, K (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.32) 3 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP2 calls $0.15.

River: ($0.62) 2 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP2 raises to $0.50, Hero :f_confused:

I think my turn and river bets were too low and I gave him the odds?!
    • 0tt
      0tt
      Bronze
      Second session ended with -1.5BI :( and played about 1.1k hands. Back on the losing track again :f_o: I've played about 1.8k hands today, playing some more in the evening

Enough of this poker talk, let me talk about myself :)

I've tried many different sports, but the one I fell in love with was floorball (ask me if you don't know what it is :D ). I've played it for about 5 years and I love it. I'm also into powerlifting and looking forward to my first competition in october. I have one more artistic hobby, too - photography. Sadly, I have no new shots, but here is my gallery: http://0tt.deviantart.com/

Good luck at the tables! :s_cool:
    • 0tt
      0tt
      Bronze
      I just love weekends! :f_love:
      My results from my last two sessions.
    • 0tt
      0tt
      Bronze
      Long time no see!
      I just decided to give up playing SSS because I don't have nerves to play it and suffer huge downswings. Now playing BSS NL2. So far I'm pleased with my results. Playing with 13/11/10 stats. I think my AF is bit too high?
      Here is my graph.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      I'm not sure, but I think when u play SSS you need to be a little bit selective with the tables you play . I noticed you'd 1.2x$ and like 3players shortstacks which is not what you're looking for . firstable don't forget to rebuy to 2$ and remmember you're looking for loose bigstacks not shortstacks that might be SSSers as well .
    • 0tt
      0tt
      Bronze
      I'm selective with my tables. And I always rebuy to my initial buy in ammount.
      Now I have to think and set some new goals as I play BSS :s_cool:
    • 0tt
      0tt
      Bronze
      Long time no see! :rolleyes:
      I've been playing almost every day and running basicaly 25k hands BE.
      I would be greateful if anyone could analyze or say something about my stats.

Thanks! :f_love:
    • RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze
      Basic sss is definately profitable at NL2-NL10 but you can improve your winrate (and ure variance a little :p) by attacking the looser players with a *few* more hands.

You can use the elephant, lots of people say that people at lower stakes shouldnt use tracking software. Yes sure ure probably never going to see the people again BUT! for a beginner to keep track of how tight/loose every1 is on a table with switching players is actually quite tough...

Good luck building that bankroll :f_love: