The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $32.63
      BTN: $26.12
      SB: $26.98
      Hero (BB): $45.08
      UTG: $28.14
      MP: $4.40

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with T :diamond: A :club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.50, BTN calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.10) K :club: 5 :diamond: A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

Turn: ($11.10) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.27, Hero calls $5.27

River: ($21.64) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $15.35 all in, Hero folds

Just 8 hands on villain.
      I know I get myself into a tough spot by 3betting AT, but I really don't want to play it oop without initiative and folding seems weak. So I raise. I hit a top pair and bet to make him fold TT-QQ or maybe some lower pockets if he's able to call them pf. After he calls should I just give the hand up against unknown?
  • 3 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop:
      Against unknown I prfer to fold the hand or just flat call. Yea playing OOP with out initative sucks but since we have no idea what's this guy open raise and 3bet calling ranges I prfer keeping the pot small with my marginal AT hand. Again folding isn't bad too. I prfer tighten my resteal range until I can figure out how's the guy is playing.

As played:

You don't bet the flop to make him fold TT-QQ, you bet to get value from those hands. :)
      On the turn I prefer b/f over c/c againt unknown. we have no idea what's his 3betting calling range. For all we know he might be a on draw so by betting we get value from those hands and hopefully a Free SD too. You don't have to bet much, 1/2 psb is enough.
      Then I probably c/f that river since I don't see worser hands who will call and also most of the NL25 players will just check behind a busted draw and won't bluff.

Hope it helpes.
      Good Luck.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      With just 8 hands on the guy, like you said no point to get into a tough spot, folding pre is perfectly fine as well as flatting keeps in all his dominated A rag hands.

I think IF you check the turn it is to check/fold, no one is floating you on that board when he has no reason to believe you are 3betting light, i think he is showing up with AQ/AJ here alot, but hard to evaluate when he is a complete unknown.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d 3-bet ATo against unknown bu vs bb.
      I think against unknown c/rai turn seems a little better line than c/c and c/f river
      Since your hand looks a lot like Kx or maybe 99-QQ and villain knows that then it is really high % that he is turning his draw into bluff, so I´d c/c river.