This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

3 of a kind on 3diamonds flop

• andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Hello. I wanted to post this hand on the hand evaluation forum but Elephant just keeps crashing so i can't convert it to the standard format. Here's what i remember:

NL 4 SH
      Hero is CO with 99. Everybody folded to me i raise 4BB and get called by the BB. I know next to nothing about him. Both of us have 100BB stacks.

Flop is K :diamond: 9 :diamond: 5 :diamond:( i think..) He bets around 2/3 of the pot i re-raise 3x his raise he re-raises leaving just a little behind and i push all in. He calls.

Turn blank river blank he shows the nut flush.

How good was my determination to go all in on the flop? I figured folding is out of the question and just calling gives him good odds to draw to the potential flush with an ace. Statistically it's way more likely to hit a set than to hit a flush but how about his agression?! I know almost every good player will tell me here that it depends on his agression factor, how tight he is, what are the bets exactly but i really can't get that information :D

Thanks a lot.
  • 4 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Its a cooler... NH. You have to go all-in
    • agonyship
      agonyship
      Bronze
      well,
      I mostly play cash-games small-stacked. That makes the most decissions quite easy. so in a cash game with small stackes this situation is easy. U of course have to go All-inn directly after the flop.
      But if you are big-stacked and ur opponent is bs, too; or even worse ur playing a tournament this is really hard.
      I don't know what I'd done in that situation, but i'd surely thought about to fold, because I'd thought: Hey, what else will he have but the flush if he pushes like that. Even more if u just pushed he maybe already thinks u have the flush, too, but his one is higher.
      I think I'd folded, although u said that this was out of the question. If u didn't have the 100BB i the back before it would be different again.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Thanks for your advice. I just played a hand regarding the same situation,only the hands were reversed. I make the flush on the flop and bet 3/4 pot to protect. Fish calls. Turn blank i bet 3/4 he calls. River pairs a Jack on the flop (i actually saw this in the hand history, i didn't during the hand). I bet 3/4 pot he raises all in I get like 1:5 on a call and of course do so. He had a set on the flop and improved to full house on the river.

That was so incredibly bad i was actually wondering how the hell can i feel at least a little bad cause he took my money? Lol.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I put this hand in equilator because I was never sure of how far ahead you are in these situations.

I don't know this guy's range of course, but against this range:

KK, AA, 55,
      AK, K9, K5
      :diamond: : KxQd, KxJd, KxTd
      :diamond: :diamond: : AdQd, AdJd, AdTd, Ad8d, QdJd, QdTd, JdTd, 8d7d, 8d6d, 7d6d

Your 99 would be ahead with ~70% !
      I'm sure this wasn't his true range, but if you add hands to this range, it will probably just get weaker.