Problem with SSS!

• En3rGie21
      En3rGie21
      Bronze
      Hi , I`ve been playing SSS on party NL10 for a while and first of all I just can't find a singe table with min. of 7 BS...everybody is short stacked..so I play with what I have...7 SS and 1-2 BS...is this why I`m losing or making me break-even?
      And another problem...is there an hour when fishes come to the table?...because every single time I get folded when I have AA , KK..etc...like 5-6 times today with AA .And when I have KK I get beaten by AA.Everybody fold to often...I don`t get it?
      Please Help with some ideas!Thank you!
  • 17 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Are you using stats? If you do you will be able to adapt to your tight opponents and steal more so you will be able to play on tight tables profitably. If you play basic SSS against many other tights you are just slowly loosing your money to the rake.
    • En3rGie21
      En3rGie21
      Bronze
      Well I don`t use any stats because I thought that they are just fish and don`t know what they're doing...
    • Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      You're not alone on this. There is another thread if you are interested:

is it just me ?

After my bankroll had dropped from 54$ to 19$ playing NL10 in Party Poker then I went to NL2 to get my bankroll back on feet. Now I'm at 41$ and after I get to 45$ then I'll give it another try to beat NL10.

I do think that you need more than just basic SSS to beat NL10 in PP.

Of coarse the stats would help. But my Elephants trial is over and getting those points playing NL2 is quite difficult.
    • shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      Energie tata ... change to BSS.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I think to many people underestimate varience, SSS is by its very nature very swingy as you are pushing small edges, but dont get me wrong I play SSS and make a nice amount out of it.
      I have had AA beaten 12 times in a row, but I play 24 tables now and it just does not affect me, I know it works so I just keep going.

Bankroll managment is important and 99% of people who say I have lost 3/4 of my bank are using too much of there bank, I sugest having atleast 100 buyins and for beginners I would sugest 150 due to the mistakes you will make.

Please please think about it
    • En3rGie21
      En3rGie21
      Bronze
      shanshichi ce limit joci si unde?
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      En3rGie21 just keep playing SSS, most of the time people will fold.. but just keep playing the way you are. Have patience.

If you get bored maybe open another table.

soon people will make a mistake against you (even the other shortstackers might get bored and raise AJ from early and you reraise them with AK!)

reread the articles and keep playing. You will make profit! :s_cool:
    • fred1509
      fred1509
      Bronze
      i guess u r not the only one..
      im having the same problem..
      when i get aa or kk they just fold to me..
      i had to go back to nl2 and build my bankroll..
      sss works so so well for me in nl2.. but not in nl10
      :(
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Your profits don't come from AA. Or KK. They come from people who call you with a worse hand than yours. Something to think about...
    • archsama
      archsama
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Theman365
      You're not alone on this. There is another thread if you are interested:

is it just me ?

After my bankroll had dropped from 54$ to 19$ playing NL10 in Party Poker then I went to NL2 to get my bankroll back on feet. Now I'm at 41$ and after I get to 45$ then I'll give it another try to beat NL10.

I do think that you need more than just basic SSS to beat NL10 in PP.

Of coarse the stats would help. But my Elephants trial is over and getting those points playing NL2 is quite difficult.
      Make us 3. Got from $65 to $16... moved back to NL4 and I have now $32. NL10 in PP is full of SS players
    • En3rGie21
      En3rGie21
      Bronze
      well , I think I`m going to use some stats like RahXephon1 said...and really strict SSS and table selection...if this doesn`t work I`ll cash out and try Full Tilt or Stars...
      I just want to get that 130 bonus..so even break-even is good for me.
      Another idea would be to change to NL20 sss when I get to 150$....is nl20 the same as nl 10 on pp?
      And tks for the opinions!! :]
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I played some nl10 SSS on party last month after bit of a downswing, and was always able to get on at least 6 suitable tables. The problem for most inexperienced players is that when they begin a session they simply want to open a table and play, they arent interested in joining a waitlist behind 5 or 6 others. Patient table selection is one of the most crucial skills for a poker player, something all players should work hard on.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      If you are still down after 30,000 hands then I would say you are doing something wrong. If you dont have that many played hands then you wont know forsure if its just a downswing.

People play a few hundered or even a few thousand hands and expect to make money everytime, life just isnt that simple.

Stick at it and put some real work into it
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Lol full tilt is ok but....Everyday there is impossible hand there xD !

Yesterday i pawned AA 10 times with KK JJ QQ and the best i remembered was:

get KK then KK then AA >_> started with 1$ NL5 get 2$ then 5$ when i get the AA i decided to raise by 50c just to steal the blind as i felt that my luck was running away xD !

Ah i get also 3 times straight flush was my best memory on full tilt.

Variance is SSS can be a b*tch that is why you should listen to lennonac. Playing with 30 BB BI seems to low...when losing it seems like losing a lot of money as it is 1/30 of your BB but losing 10 hands in a row = 1/3 of you BR which will make you try.

50 bb upwards seems to be correct.I'm playing 50 bb less variance because less tilt and fear of losing money.I'm waiting for my 100$ bonus to start playing 100bb BI XP

Ps : just to make a profit of 1.5$ i had to played 1500 hands today lol.
    • Flipzors
      Flipzors
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      Are you using stats?
      How do you set up stats for PP? is it something you have to d/l?
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      You have elphant the software from PS (look under downloads), or you have Pokertracker or holdem manager (just google it). Those are not free but they have a free trial period.

Under the silver SSS articles you have an article on how to use stats.
    • ljovej
      ljovej
      Bronze
      I think that Party Poker is bad site for SSS
      Suited conectors often beat SSS starting hands