[NL20-NL50] 66 confusing hand NL50 SH

• LuborC
      Pretty tight very passive player.
      I raised his cbet because I had no idea where I was at. It was really small which seemed really weak so I thought I might get him to fold pretty often, too. The turn was a scare card so I think I could fire again but I decided against it since I would probably never raise my flush draw on the flop I think so I couldn't really represent the completed draw IMO... But maybe I'm just overthinking it..
      Anyway, this hand has me all confused and I really don't know how to play it right..

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($52.50)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($44.60)
      UTG+1 ($45.25)
      Hero ($67.85)
      BTN ($58.90)

Dealt to Hero 6:diamond: 6:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $2, Hero calls $2, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.75) 4:spade: 8:diamond: 7:spade:

UTG+1 bets $2, Hero raises to $5, UTG+1 calls $3

TURN ($14.75) 4:spade: 8:diamond: 7:spade: 3:spade:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($14.75) 4:spade: 8:diamond: 7:spade: 3:spade: J:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks
  • 2 replies
    • csnmf
      raising to find out where you are at is rarely a good idea. Raising here to get him to fold an overpair (if he is capable of doing that) with the intention of firing a turn is ok here. Otherwise i prefer just calling the cont. bet and re-evaluate turn.
    • Kaitz20
      I would also raise on that board, only I´d make it at least 3x his size.
      It is not that much to see where I´m at, but just put pressure on overcards which would close to 100% and sometimes he would b/f with overpair.
      I would bet that turn card, unless he is calling station.
      Now he can´t beat anything and it doesn´t really matter if you´d call flushdraw on the flop, he doesn´t know that). I think 10$ is enough to fold his overpairs