This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 66 confusing hand NL50 SH

• LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Pretty tight very passive player.
      I raised his cbet because I had no idea where I was at. It was really small which seemed really weak so I thought I might get him to fold pretty often, too. The turn was a scare card so I think I could fire again but I decided against it since I would probably never raise my flush draw on the flop I think so I couldn't really represent the completed draw IMO... But maybe I'm just overthinking it..
      Anyway, this hand has me all confused and I really don't know how to play it right..

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($52.50)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($44.60)
      UTG+1 ($45.25)
      Hero ($67.85)
      BTN ($58.90)

Dealt to Hero 6:diamond: 6:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $2, Hero calls $2, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.75) 4:spade: 8:diamond: 7:spade:

UTG+1 bets $2, Hero raises to $5, UTG+1 calls $3

TURN ($14.75) 4:spade: 8:diamond: 7:spade: 3:spade:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($14.75) 4:spade: 8:diamond: 7:spade: 3:spade: J:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks
  • 2 replies
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      raising to find out where you are at is rarely a good idea. Raising here to get him to fold an overpair (if he is capable of doing that) with the intention of firing a turn is ok here. Otherwise i prefer just calling the cont. bet and re-evaluate turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would also raise on that board, only I´d make it at least 3x his size.
      It is not that much to see where I´m at, but just put pressure on overcards which would close to 100% and sometimes he would b/f with overpair.
      I would bet that turn card, unless he is calling station.
      Now he can´t beat anything and it doesn´t really matter if you´d call flushdraw on the flop, he doesn´t know that). I think 10$ is enough to fold his overpairs