Insane

• Ludafer
      Ludafer
      Bronze
      Ok here is my short whining story. If you dont care then... i dont care..
      Anyways i was really happy to recive your 50$ startin money.. i followed 101% your "short stack strategy " and with 2 days i managed to get up to 67$. I was like feeling really good and stuff and really believed that it is very hard to lose with such a rock solid play. So the next 2 days.. what happened? Firstly i must say that not once.. NOT Once i dodged from your tactics and did Every move by the book and now i am sitting here with 8$ left all gone with 2 days. I opened my stats panel in FTP and saw those interesting numbers.. i managed to get to showdown 27 times 3. day and 13 days the 2. day ( where i am now ) and from 27 times i got to showdown i won 1!!!.. that means i lost 26. the other day out of 13 i won 3.. As your tactics states i really play with absolutely good hands and stuff. I started copying my losses.. mainly i lost with EVERYTHING.. in a 40 time showdown i won 4!! Now heres the question.. can i run into such bad luck and loose everything with a bad run or is your tactic really not complete .. That is so absurd that if i loose like 30 hands in a row with having AT LEAST 60% advantage then the probability of loseing 30 hands in a row is <0.5%. I know that for most of you it just seems like a bad luck series but its not like that.. you cant imagine how bad does it feel to loose 100% all the hands and the same time waiting quite a long time to even get one... Can the problem be that i play min 6 tables at once? no.. i think that your tactic is dodgy.. tho i dont know.. dont have anymore money left to try it out....
  • 9 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      what limit and type of game are you playing?

I dont recommend 6 tables when you are still learning how to play the strat.
      Are you using Elephant?
      It is possible that you are having a ton of bad luck, it happens.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Believe it or not, you played bad. EVERY single player who comes to the forum to whine about his capital being (near to) gone has played bad, and that is the result of EVERY single beginner who ever bothered to come to the forum and tell everyone about his "bad luck". Including me.

Now, no matter how you twist or turn this, no one will give you a second starting capital. All you can do now is either continue pursuing your poker career, or quitting poker altogether. If you should choose to try it all again, I'll suggest reading the articles again, and again, and again, visiting the coachings, watching videos and posting your hands, again and again and again.

As a matter of credibility, if you can provide me with EVERY SINGLE HAND you ever played with your starting capital, and there is literally not a single deviation from the strategy PS.com told you to folllow, I will personally give you $50 all over again.
    • Ludafer
      Ludafer
      Bronze
      now that i am a bit more calm over this matter i can talk about the main aspects of how i play and tell me if i am doing something wrong.

ALWAYS following postition play ( i have the chart written down wich cards to play from wich position ) and i Never deviate from those writings.

if there is noone that called big blind i will raise to 4x bb and +1 for every person who called. ( Usually that ends with everyone folding and me getting 9 out of 10 times the blinds with AA but thats better than losing on the flop to some nutcase )

If there was a raise before i could act i would play only pocket J or bettah or AK and will raise to all in ( Wich will start my losing spree cause if i get called then as stated before 26 times out of 27 i lost..

I will also bluff ONE time when i have raised pre flop and only 1 person called. i will bet 2/3 of the pot and if he calls or raises i will give up the bluff (Very often thats the thing that helps me gain SOME chips )

Anyway i really didnt think or to be exact it never crossed my mind that i will get a second starting capital.. i just wanted to know if there is more to this tactic then just those rules said in the SSS section.
      Also what is the difference if i play 6 tables or 1 table.. i will play by the rules anyway.. if i get AA on one table AK on the other and JJ on the other i will know what to do with all of them.. im just thinking if playing multiple tables somehow messes with probability of gaining profit.

Edit 1
      Response to "TheBrood"
      1.When i reached 30$ i started 0.02/0.05 but before that i was on 0.05/0.10
      2.Sorry but dont know what exactly is elephant :)
      3.Happens

Response to "Berzerger"

How is it possible that i play bad if i do Everything by the book?

Edit 2

I was really happy to find out that i am a bronze member and bronze members have tons of new articles that i am about to read and if i find something i did terribly wrong i will post it..
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Do you have your handhistory and/or use PS elephant or a other tracker? If you do, you can post all your 36/40 hands u lost, so we can review your play :)
    • Ludafer
      Ludafer
      Bronze
      hey.

Where can i see my handhistory and what exactly is PS elephant ?
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can download PS elephant via the software section of this site:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/

In order to save your handhistory you need to configure the setting in your pokersoftware (fultilt, pokerstars ed.)... But since your question, I think you havn't configured to save your handhistory...
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Ludafer,

The Elephant is a tracking program that our beginners can use in trial format, that allows you to track your hands as you play them: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/

If you don't have any of your hand histories saved on your harddrive you might be able to ask Full Tilt support to send them to you. You will then be able to analyze them with the PokerStrategy Elephant by looking at your statistics as well as being able to post hands in our hand evaluation forums: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1436

There you will find out if the hands that you post were played well or not, and you can receive answers on whether it was just bad luck or bad play.

I really suggest you try and get your hand histories in order to get some hands looked at. Not all is yet lost- and the Short Stack Strategy is also not just a static non-evolving strategy. There are bronze, silver and even gold articles on SSS and it becomes more and more complex as you evolve as a poker player.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ludafer
      hey.

Where can i see my handhistory and what exactly is PS elephant ?
      You wont see your hand history.

By default Full tilt don't save the hand history you must allow it 1st.So every hand you played up to now is gone.

Personal observation :

Full tilt have tighter player. So playing 4 big bet + 1 will result to 75% time folding and the 25% left a strong hand which can kill you.

*Probability was delt randomly no study was made on it*

I know the strategy tell you to play 30 BI but you should play 50 or more BI to be in the safe side.

I lost 20 BI on fulltilt once because i was on tilt and i thought i was playing by the book and strict but by reflecting on my action i played like a fish egg xD worst than a fish.

Let me bet.

You lost most of the time with AK by all in preflop?

It was my case when i first started SSS on FTP.Ak result in higher variance thats why i don't all in anymore with AK this result to me getting a profit or break-even on Full tilt.

I may be wrong but it is my observation.

Even if you follow a super by the book play you should not play multitable if your bankroll is low.A badbeat never come alone even if you think you are not affected by a bad beat you may be on tilt without knowing this will result to a downswing.

So when you lose 2 3 BI just close Full tilt for 1 2 hours and if you are "fresh" play your A game.

For now play NL2 i know it is super boring but it will help you to get your bankroll back.
    • Ludafer
      Ludafer
      Bronze
      Well now that i finished my bad beat series i am doing quite fine. i play 4 tables at once and that fits me good. i started looking into elephant and found out that even if i lose a couple of times with strong hands like AA , AK etc. then overall those strong hands are still profitable. i now managed to get to 40$ with ALOT of ups and downs but yeh.. im here.. looking forward to get silver status to learn more about SSS but for now it seems too slow and rather staying +/-0 then on one or the other side..