mrxLT
      Silver
      $0.1/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      6 players

Stacks:
      Hero (UTG) ($25.00)
      UTG+1 ($25.26)
      CO ($5.81)
      BTN ($31.20)------24/18/4 3bet=15(4/26) (100hands)
      SB ($18.53)
      BB ($25.35)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is UTG A:club: J:heart:
      Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, BTN calls $1, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75

Flop: K:heart: 9:club: J:club: ($4, 4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, SB folds, BB folds

Turn: K:spade: ($11, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7, Hero calls $7

River: T:spade: ($25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Now i think it was bad board to cbet into 4 oponents. But well, we got just one caller.
      On the turn i push on the brakes and go into c/c turn, c/c blank river or c/f.
      Is it better to b/f turn for value and protection? Im i having a leak here?
      Or is it more or less oponent dependent: against passive b/f and against agro c/c?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Kaitz thinks c/c turn is fine because he expects BU to take stabs there with worse hands.

I have my doubts, i don't really think a guy with those stats will peel enough stuff on the flop 4-way that he feels compelled to stab the turn there after you c-bet that ugly flop into 4 players. I expect him to mostly have some kind of pair+gutshot, small flushdraw or Kx as he would likely raise any strong made hand on the flop, and to mainly bet Kx on that turn, so i'd rather bet/fold it if i'm gonna put more money in, and i don't think giving it up by c/folding is bad either.

Hope it helps.