This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AJo multyway

• mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Bronze
      $0.1/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      6 players

Stacks:
      Hero (UTG) ($25.00)
      UTG+1 ($25.26)
      CO ($5.81)
      BTN ($31.20)------24/18/4 3bet=15(4/26) (100hands)
      SB ($18.53)
      BB ($25.35)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is UTG A:club: J:heart:
      Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, BTN calls $1, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75

Flop: K:heart: 9:club: J:club: ($4, 4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, SB folds, BB folds

Turn: K:spade: ($11, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7, Hero calls $7

River: T:spade: ($25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Now i think it was bad board to cbet into 4 oponents. But well, we got just one caller.
      On the turn i push on the brakes and go into c/c turn, c/c blank river or c/f.
      Is it better to b/f turn for value and protection? Im i having a leak here?
      Or is it more or less oponent dependent: against passive b/f and against agro c/c?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Kaitz thinks c/c turn is fine because he expects BU to take stabs there with worse hands.

I have my doubts, i don't really think a guy with those stats will peel enough stuff on the flop 4-way that he feels compelled to stab the turn there after you c-bet that ugly flop into 4 players. I expect him to mostly have some kind of pair+gutshot, small flushdraw or Kx as he would likely raise any strong made hand on the flop, and to mainly bet Kx on that turn, so i'd rather bet/fold it if i'm gonna put more money in, and i don't think giving it up by c/folding is bad either.

Hope it helps.