At last silver member !!!

• 10 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      absolutly good numbers.

Are you playing NL or Fixed?

and big gratz for that approach, you ve made the first step no try to implement the new strategies into your game.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • Ligarius
      Ligarius
      Bronze
      i play NL10, now i eating the BSS, because i play fullstack with a combination of strategys (BS and SS)

i hope can keep my numbers for a long time
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      trust me, you won't :D

although i would be really happy if you would
      Someone playing NL1k could probably beat these limits with 20PTBB/100.

Realistic for a beginner is 3-6.

I am just saying this so you wont be disappointed when your stats are going down and they will go down that is a matter of fact, so it is just important that you are psychological prepared for this time.

Best regards,
      Stefan

PS.: And don't get me wrong i really really hope that you can keep up your stats.
    • Ligarius
      Ligarius
      Bronze
      yes, i know, i can't keep this numbers on highers levels, but i think that have this numbers right now is a good signal, i mean, i don't believe that in NL10 with 16BB/100, my numbers go down in NL25 to 4BB/100... :(

regards
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ligarius
      yes, i know, i can't keep this numbers on highers levels, but i think that have this numbers right now is a good signal, i mean, i don't believe that in NL10 with 16BB/100, my numbers go down in NL25 to 4BB/100... :(

regards
      I absolutly hope that you will keep this numbers up a long time, trust me i am the first one who is happy about the success of our members.

But i just wanted to prepare you that it could be that your numbers go down to 4BB/100 on NL25 and it wouldnt even be something extraordinary.

Actually it would be the normal stuff that happens.

But like i said i am really happy about your success up to this point and i hope you can keep up the good numbers and the work you invested into the improvement of your poker skills.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      It's more likely that your true win rate isn't 16 BB/100 (this would be perfectly believable for NL5 on the other hand, it's like they play a different game there). 12k hands is still a fairly small sample. (However, it's about 80% certain that your true win rate is above 10 BB/100.)

Don't worry about your win rate too much as long as you are winning, focus on improving your game whether you are or not and try not to set expectations about your winnings unless you like disappointment. Unless you take all of it out, you'll move up to where 4BB/100 is very decent money eventually.

Of course if you're really running at 12 BB/100 that's great and since NL25 isn't that different your true win rate probably won't drop much but don't underestimate the effect of short term variance on your current and future results.

...oh, and one possible point that might be confusing the discussion, you realise that when we speak of BB in winrates for NL, we actually mean twice the big blind? (Sorry for seeming incredulous but 16 BB/100 really is high.)
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      You see we don't want to reduce your achievement.

Instead i just want to prepare you that this will (most likely) hold on forever.

Motivation is very important for playing poker. I know a few really good people who in theory knew every correct move. They studied the maths behind poker and were excellent players. But they got broke because they couldnt handle the emotional impacts of up and downswings and got on tilt.

Poker is an emotional rollercoster. The one who can handle it the best has a big advantage.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • Ligarius
      Ligarius
      Bronze
      all days i think about downswings i stuff like that, but i m working in that day after day, example before when i receive a bad beat (losing all my stack or big part) my skill go down and i finish losing too much money...

now i takes this moments with more concentration and relax

but that is WIP :D

THANKS FOR ALL ADVICES
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Did you visit benjos coaching already? He is a really good NL player.

And according to your last post i think you are prepared quite well.
      But i am always a bit suspicous. Because very often new members post their success and then they fall down and they get demotivated.
    • Ligarius
      Ligarius
      Bronze
      hehe i supposed that...!

today i recovered from 3 bad beat HORRIBLES BAD BEAT!!

and i can put cold my mind and keep playing now i finish 0 but is more important not lose :D

pd: i don't know yet how is the coatching system .... :(