story of the week....

• garythehorse
      garythehorse
      Bronze
      my week started last monday, like everyone else's lol. i entered a loyalty points tournament for a South African poker site, only costs 30points and was R2500 guaranteed.

there were 1304 players and a managed to come 2nd :D :D :D and won R450!

i then took that money and followed PS's SSS quide at NL100 and grinded it up to R1000. Then i got a bit brave and entered NL200,400,600 and 1000 tables for about 2 days... When i looked again my bankroll was at R3750!

i also manged to win a R25NL freezeout tournament during the week and would like to thank PS for their teachings, i really thought i was good before i joined but always ended up broke due to poor BRM. Now i've solidified my game and i understand whats going on. (although i didnt follow BRM above lol)

Thanks guys!
  • 3 replies
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      whats the currency you are playing for?
    • garythehorse
      garythehorse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alafoe
      whats the currency you are playing for?
      Its South African Rands, its about R8 to $1.. i know its childsplay for alot of members, buts its all relative :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Think the clue was in the post..... South Africa.... Rand I'm guessing.

Congrats gary, nice results, however it is always best to follow BRM principles otherwise you could quite easily see your BR fall as quickly as it went up.

However "solid" your game is now, Variance often hits and there is little any player can do about it.

Anyway, congrats and good luck in future.

Best regards,

Bart