This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 50NL FR JJ call&evaluate?

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($56.10)

BB ($49.25)
      Gerv (UTG) ($55.50)
      UTG+1 ($50.75)
      MP1 ($50.50)
      MP2 ($10)
      CO ($10)
      Button ($99.75)

Preflop: Gerv is UTG with J, J
      Gerv bets $2, 4 folds, Button calls $2, SB raises $4.75, 1 fold, Gerv calls $3, Button calls $3

Flop: ($15.50) 4, 8, Q (3 players)
      SB checks, Gerv checks, Button checks

Turn: ($15.50) 4 (3 players)
      SB bets $7, Gerv?

Do I at least call here and evaluate ? I am in a sandwich position which kinda sucks but with a Q as an overcard and a checked Flop, I think I can say that BTN hasn't got a Q thus my JJ can be pretty good

Thoughts?
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      yea, call is fine there and fold to river bet
      I´d personally would b/f to prevent Bu taking a stab on the pot and seeing K or A on the turn.
      you take there pot down enough times
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      What do you actually think of a 4bet here preflop or is that turning my hand into a bluff?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I´d personally would b/f to prevent Bu taking a stab on the pot and seeing K or A on the turn.
      You mean cbet 3-way flop? I'm unsure on cbetting when i'm not HU in general.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      What do you actually think of a 4bet here preflop or is that turning my hand into a bluff?
      don´t like it, since his 3-bet % is 4% and since you opened utg then I´d expect to see a lot of times QQ+/AK and JJ isn´t doing good against that range. You have implied odds to hit your set and also you can play postflop ip which isn´t the worse thing
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      You mean cbet 3-way flop? I'm unsure on cbetting when i'm not HU in general.
      yes, I´d take stab on the pot when I called pf.
      I´d also c-bet if I 3-bet pf, since I don´t want to turn my hand into bluff catcher