[NL20-NL50] 50NL FR JJ call&evaluate?

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($56.10)

BB ($49.25)
      Gerv (UTG) ($55.50)
      UTG+1 ($50.75)
      MP1 ($50.50)
      MP2 ($10)
      CO ($10)
      Button ($99.75)

Preflop: Gerv is UTG with J, J
      Gerv bets $2, 4 folds, Button calls $2, SB raises $4.75, 1 fold, Gerv calls $3, Button calls $3

Flop: ($15.50) 4, 8, Q (3 players)
      SB checks, Gerv checks, Button checks

Turn: ($15.50) 4 (3 players)
      SB bets $7, Gerv?

Do I at least call here and evaluate ? I am in a sandwich position which kinda sucks but with a Q as an overcard and a checked Flop, I think I can say that BTN hasn't got a Q thus my JJ can be pretty good

Thoughts?
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      yea, call is fine there and fold to river bet
      I´d personally would b/f to prevent Bu taking a stab on the pot and seeing K or A on the turn.
      you take there pot down enough times
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      What do you actually think of a 4bet here preflop or is that turning my hand into a bluff?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I´d personally would b/f to prevent Bu taking a stab on the pot and seeing K or A on the turn.
      You mean cbet 3-way flop? I'm unsure on cbetting when i'm not HU in general.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      What do you actually think of a 4bet here preflop or is that turning my hand into a bluff?
      don´t like it, since his 3-bet % is 4% and since you opened utg then I´d expect to see a lot of times QQ+/AK and JJ isn´t doing good against that range. You have implied odds to hit your set and also you can play postflop ip which isn´t the worse thing
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      You mean cbet 3-way flop? I'm unsure on cbetting when i'm not HU in general.
      yes, I´d take stab on the pot when I called pf.
      I´d also c-bet if I 3-bet pf, since I don´t want to turn my hand into bluff catcher