Some SSS hands

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.95
      BU:
      $20.35

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:spade: , T:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, CO folds, BU calls $2.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) 5:spade: , 4:spade: , K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, BU calls $4.00.

Turn: ($12.75) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($12.75) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4, Hero raises to $3.95 (All-In).

Final Pot: $20.70

Should i go all-in on turn ? Is there enough of a chance of him bluffing the river or having a worse hand , for me to call him ?( Since i showed weakness for two streets) Or should i just ditch the hand?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $32.45
      Hero:
      $8.75

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , A:club:
      Hero raises to $2.00, 3 folds, BU calls $2.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) 4:diamond: , 2:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BU folds.

Final Pot: $7.75

On this rather dry board , how should i play to extract the most value out of my opponent? Should i slowplay and hope for action from some middle pocket pair or i have to protect against some random flush draw? What if flop was a rainbow?

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.50
      CO:
      $14.50
      MP2:
      $18.28

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , K:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, MP2 calls $2.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $2.00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($6.75) J:heart: , J:club: , 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $7.50 (All-In), MP2 calls $7.50, CO folds.

Turn: ($21.75) 9:heart:
      River: ($21.75) 5:spade:

Final Pot: $21.75

I have 2 overcards and nut flush draw. However i might be way behind against trip jacks. How to play here?

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9
      MP2:
      $17.75

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $2.50, 5 folds.

Flop: ($6.25) Q:heart: , T:diamond: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, MP2 raises to $8.00, Hero raises to $6.50 (All-In).

Turn: ($20.75) 6:heart:
      River: ($20.75) K:club:

Final Pot: $20.75

This is a common situation. I have a pocketpair and there is an overcard on the flop. I bet and get reraised. I have additional outs for a straight here, but in general how to act in this case , and what factors should affect my decision the most? I have PT/PA and i see my opponents stats concerning their reactions on conti bets , but i have noticed that even opponents who almost never raise a conti bet , do this happily against me because i am a shortstack. Meaning that this stat might not be as meaningful when i am a short stack.
      Also : I have a totally similar hand , but an A instead of a Q is the overcard. Is that an easier fold ,since A is more likely than Q for an opponent to be holding?
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      My non-expert opinion may have to do. 29 views and no replies :(

The TT hand:

I'd bet say $3 on the flop since the naked As has odds to call any bet on the flop. You then have the opportunity to get away from the hand should you so desire.

As played you allow for apossible big spade to see all 5 cards for nought. You lose value this way to villains that won't bluff busted draws.

The AA hand:

NH. You get value from PP's like this whilst charging any possible draws.

The AK hand:

C/r AI seems OK here. The only problem with leading the flop is when you get called by a jack and the other villain folds. The c/r may also induce a bluff besides giving you the correct odds (roughly) if you can drag both villains along in the hand.

The JJ hand:

I would like to hear an expert opinion here on how to play this hand.
      With stack sizes and possible draws I see this hand as very hard to get away from.

Since you are pot committed after your flop bet could you c/r AI to possibly lure some more speculative hands to take a shot? I dunno. Probably not worth the risk of a free card here. Where is Alaaton?
    • Mirigom
      Mirigom
      Bronze
      TT: push flop, its a high overbet but you are commitet after you bet anyway

AA: i woulkd bet 4$ here @ the flop

AKs : nh

JJ: hmm i think i would push the flop