Small stack strategy

• Frirkh
      Frirkh
      Bronze
      Hi, i read in one of the the first articles that you should refill when you go below 1,5 USD, and that you should leave the table when you go above 2,5 USD. Why is this?
  • 8 replies
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Not usd xD !

But big blinds.

Refill under 15 bigblinds

Leave with 25 bigblinds.
    • Frirkh
      Frirkh
      Bronze
      lol!
      when you play (NL10) 15 BB are 1,5 USD, 25 BB are 2,5 USD.
      So let me refraze. Why should you refill with 15 BB, and leave with 25 BB?
    • arvydkot
      arvydkot
      Bronze
      Becouse its Short Stack Strategy. Its the optional stack to play this strategy
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      If you go below 15 BB and then get dealt pocket aces you'll know why to refill. Likewise, if you go above 25BB and then use All-In (on say, QQ) as per the Starting Hands Chart, you are risking too much capital on one hand to be safe in your BRM.
      Also; Leaving the table after a big win helps avoid tilt too. Aaaand more importantly, using the SSS you'll rarely find that you get exactly 25BB. Most of the time you'll nearly double your stack (or lose everything... useless AK.. grumble...)
    • Frirkh
      Frirkh
      Bronze
      Okey i think i have got some good answers here, you almost read my mind. I apreciate it ;)
    • Frirkh
      Frirkh
      Bronze
      But one more question.... Lets say you get doubled up with a pair of kings, so now you got around 4 USD in a (NL10). Then get dealt AA( this has really happened to me), would it not be better then with a bigger stack, because obviously the bigger the stack the bigger win.
      I mean it is not like it is a bigger chance to lose when you have a bigger stack. As if the the chart would suggest that QQ is only good when you are under 25 big blinds, but not when youre over.

I am also thinking that this 25 BB limit is there because youre less problable to get called with a bigger stack???
    • arvydkot
      arvydkot
      Bronze
      As a beginer you sould play only AA, KK and AK with double stack. After you get some exp you will start to play much wider range.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      If you play SSS with double stack it is no more call SSS it is call MSS xD !

Middle stack strategy lol

SSS is like a do or die strategy as it involves a lot of all in preflop so you double up or you lose your BI.By doubling up u will probably get more than 30 BB.

Why the 25 BB leave room rule?

Not always will they follow your raise most of the time they will fold your raise.Often you will get 5 BB by raising without no one calling your raise.

IF you raise 4 time in four room and get 5 BB by making your opponent fold you get 1 BI. 5 bb seems to be low but u will see these 5 BB make the difference between losing and winning.

The SSS is a do or die strategy so exposing to much money or too little money is not good.

With 15 BB doubling up will get you 30 BB.

With 10 BB doubling up will get you 20 bb.Which is just a break-even so you should refill under 15 BB.

By doubling up you get 40 BB which is 2 buyin even with Aces you will lose once in a while.

Pocket pairs are made hands but are difficult to get better on flop turn river while 2 different hole cards can make a two pair straight etc...

Thats why you should leave when table when reaching 25+ BB or play super tight until it is your turn to pay blind then you leave the table.