This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl25 Kk

• Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $14,89
      Hero:
      $7,09
      BU:
      $25,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,25, 2 folds, BU calls $1,25, 2 folds, MP1 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($4,10) A:spade: , 8:club: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $5,84 (All-In)

Is it OK to push AI here on the flop? We would have played AK AQ the same so I think this play is ok. Ax have me beat here, and some strange FD's out there.
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      According to basic strategy yes, but if villain is kind of passive I would try and check down and perhaps call a small river bet Maybe make a small blocking bet turn for free showdown. I Sometimes check back AK here on flop too so he might well be suspicious and scared to bet without the A. (although if he's passive he's generally not a thinking player and balancing won't be an issue)

For your Blog you need to activate BBCode in your signature!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I would just save my 20bb on the Flop because if you push it is either way-ahead or way-behind.

Strategy tells you to NOT cBet with a trash hand like KK now since the probability someone has an Ace is bigger than if you would play this pot headsup

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      wow, due to you modification of the HH on flop I managed to forget flop was 3-way :p

So c/f it :)