question about strategy

• Varekai
      Varekai
      Bronze
      edit: not first post, i wonder what else i posted i dont remember haha

I registered a long time ago but i lost my money due to inactivity, I got a second chance thanks to the pacific poker deal and now im back on track and seem to be doing well in that poker room. Anyways, because of some ohter webpage i got another starting capital at a different poker room, but the problem is that the buy in system is different and im confused as to how to play there. The bigger tables are max 9 players, and the shortest stack you can buy in for is $4 dollars in NL10 (max $20). Should i go down a limit and give it a go at SSS even though the whole thing is kind of different?, or should i learn BSS and try it out in the lower limit?.

Im sorry im asking about a room that is not a ps partner btw, i hope its not a big deal :f_o:
  • 4 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      If you buy in with 4$ at a NL10 table you are basically sitting with 40 BBs and that is simply too deep to play SSS. You need to have less than 25 BBs to play SSS.
      So you either need to swith to BSS (for which it is advantageous to play with a bigger stack - hence the name) or stick with Pacific if you want to keep playing SSS.
    • Varekai
      Varekai
      Bronze
      The thing is, in the lower limit (NL2 if that's correct, big blind $.02) the biger stack you can buy in for is $4, but if remember correctly you're supposed to sit down with 100 BBs only (so, $2). Should i sit down with the 100Bbs or just with the higher stack possible?
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      With SSS you are really limited because if you play with bigger than suggested stack it just doesn't work anymore.

With BSS you have a lot more room. You should buy in for at least 100 BBs but you can buy in for any amount higher than that provided you know what you are doing. There is no theoretical boundary with this strategy after which the strategy would stop working.
    • Varekai
      Varekai
      Bronze
      you're right, will be going over bss and giving it a shot