Quantity or quality? Is it possible to do both?

• tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronze
      I have been following "boku87" and his challenge on pokerstars and I sometimes also multi-table while playing poker but I feel that I lose a lot of information when I stop seeing all the tables in full screen and in my case that is 6... What I actually do is open as many tournaments as possible at the start of a session simply because during the 1st phase of the tournaments I tend to play only premium hands or potential sets, and as I move on to a diferent stage of the tournaments (and unfortunately lose some...) I tend to focus a lot more on the 3 or 4 tables I have a good chance to be in the money. When I play cash games I usually open up to 12 tables and follow the strategy.

What about you? How do you play? Do you prefer quantity over quality? Are you another boku and can do both? :f_biggrin:
  • 7 replies
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      If you have the skills to play quality poker that is when you should aim for quantity. If you are still learning it is better to play less tables like 4 or 6 but remmeber that the more tables you play at once the less you will learn because you will just make a decision and move onto the next action at another table... so therefore you need to have your quality of play very good in order to operate on auto-pilot and aim for quantity.
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Silver
      heh
    • DeathByHobo
      DeathByHobo
      Bronze
      12!? I struggle to keep up with 2 lol.
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      well, i actually play better when i play 8 tables at once. then i dont have time to make any stupid decisions and i will play only good hands.
      if i play only 4 tables i get bored and then when i get like 89s i think oh i will see what will happen and i will lose big time.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I go for quality/learning, I can't keep up with more than 5 BSS tables.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      When I grinded 180 man turbos then I did the same thing. You don't have to know anything about ur opponents really, cause the play is standard. In my case, I opened 20-24 tables but when I busted I immediately opened new table. It was hard but wasn't boring.
    • DiegoFueng
      DiegoFueng
      Bronze
      I play HU and i play from 1 to 2 tbls becouse u need to pay lot of atention on ur opponent while playing hu. But when u play shorthanded i play 8 tbls (max in pacific). I do so becouse i feel very confortable with my game.