$3.74
      MP3:
      $4.35
      CO:
      $7.40
      BU:
      $31.70

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, J.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.50, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.1) T, 6, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, UTG2 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.6) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $1.23, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.6.

hi all,
      i just start to play NL
      easy complete from bb - that utg2 is some TAG player
      flop - - i decide to play check raise and give it up after resistance
      turn - i give this up he is TAG and he raise from utg
      is this fold ok or do you guys call against TAG player?
      thx for advice
  • 6 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I'm interested in UTG2 stats. Think I may just raise it to $1.50 and donk this flop re-evaluate later streets.

I don't particularly like your C/R on flop I don't think it does that much for you especially with your betsizing.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I dunno if it's an automatic call preflop - you're out of position, your connectors aren't suited and you may have domination issues. I would like both raising and folding more in this spot I guess.

On the flop if you think there's a lot of draws in his range raise more, to 1.4$ or so - you're giving him way too good odds to call you. If you don't think that he's holding a draw here just call and re-evaluate turn.
      As played I'm not folding on turn - what's the point of c/r flop when you want to c/f the turn especially when he bets that small?
    • looserbaby79
      looserbaby79
      Bronze
      his stats:
      vp - 14
      pfr 12
      af-2.1

i check/raise flop to see where is my top kicker and after he call and raise i see my hand behind against better kicker and overpairs or maybe sets.
      i agree with radyan to call on turn.
      DaPhunk - i check raise becose i gues utg raise here in 80%.
      my question is which line is the best here?
      raise / fold flop? and check /call river?
      thx
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      How many hands with him?

- I don't recommend messing with anyone raising from UTG, even if its a minraise.
      - Specially against a good tag (according to his stats, dunno about his W$SD)
      - Specially oop
      - Specially with that type of hand
      - If he's aggro postflop you will not know what his bets mean, so your oop pf call is much better vs a passive player who will not bluff much.

I prefer completing with a sc or pp, that way its an easy fold postflop and you dont get into weird/costly situations, if you hit, let the aggro player do the betting =P

As played, if I put him on a sc/pp I raise more on the flop since its not that dry and because he will call anything to your small raise. If I put him on a monster hand (QQ+) I go for pot control but wouldnt have called pf.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop
      Like the other guys said, it's not a hand you want to play against a TAG's UTG raise OOP.
      Although since he open min-raise I'm not sure he knows what he is doing and I might call in order to stack him if I flop 2pair+. (The min-raise can be a big PP, and we have good implied odds)

Postflop:
      Unless you are planning on follwing your flop line (which will be a bluff most of times) by betting again on the turn there is no point a c/r. You will never get him off from his hand by 3betting that small one street and giving up on later streets.
      He min-bets this time (looks like he has no idea what he is doing again... :) )
      so I'm calling and reevaluating turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can call min-raise if you can maintain pot small with one pair hands and build bigger pot two pair+ hands
      best way to keep pot small is just c/c him down especially when he is just min-betting
      when you c/r, then I like c/c turn and likely c/c river. you have top pair and he could hold a lot of draws that missed