This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 complete from bb

• looserbaby79
      looserbaby79
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $5.60
      BB(Hero):
      $25.00
      UTG1:
      $24.65
      UTG2:
      $9.75
      MP1:
      $4.24
      MP2:
      $3.74
      MP3:
      $4.35
      CO:
      $7.40
      BU:
      $31.70

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, J.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.50, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.1) T, 6, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, UTG2 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.6) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $1.23, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.6.

hi all,
      i just start to play NL
      easy complete from bb - that utg2 is some TAG player
      flop - - i decide to play check raise and give it up after resistance
      turn - i give this up he is TAG and he raise from utg
      is this fold ok or do you guys call against TAG player?
      thx for advice
  • 6 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I'm interested in UTG2 stats. Think I may just raise it to $1.50 and donk this flop re-evaluate later streets.

I don't particularly like your C/R on flop I don't think it does that much for you especially with your betsizing.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I dunno if it's an automatic call preflop - you're out of position, your connectors aren't suited and you may have domination issues. I would like both raising and folding more in this spot I guess.

On the flop if you think there's a lot of draws in his range raise more, to 1.4$ or so - you're giving him way too good odds to call you. If you don't think that he's holding a draw here just call and re-evaluate turn.
      As played I'm not folding on turn - what's the point of c/r flop when you want to c/f the turn especially when he bets that small?
    • looserbaby79
      looserbaby79
      Bronze
      his stats:
      vp - 14
      pfr 12
      af-2.1

i check/raise flop to see where is my top kicker and after he call and raise i see my hand behind against better kicker and overpairs or maybe sets.
      i agree with radyan to call on turn.
      DaPhunk - i check raise becose i gues utg raise here in 80%.
      my question is which line is the best here?
      raise / fold flop? and check /call river?
      thx
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      How many hands with him?

- I don't recommend messing with anyone raising from UTG, even if its a minraise.
      - Specially against a good tag (according to his stats, dunno about his W$SD)
      - Specially oop
      - Specially with that type of hand
      - If he's aggro postflop you will not know what his bets mean, so your oop pf call is much better vs a passive player who will not bluff much.

I prefer completing with a sc or pp, that way its an easy fold postflop and you dont get into weird/costly situations, if you hit, let the aggro player do the betting =P

As played, if I put him on a sc/pp I raise more on the flop since its not that dry and because he will call anything to your small raise. If I put him on a monster hand (QQ+) I go for pot control but wouldnt have called pf.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop
      Like the other guys said, it's not a hand you want to play against a TAG's UTG raise OOP.
      Although since he open min-raise I'm not sure he knows what he is doing and I might call in order to stack him if I flop 2pair+. (The min-raise can be a big PP, and we have good implied odds)

Postflop:
      Unless you are planning on follwing your flop line (which will be a bluff most of times) by betting again on the turn there is no point a c/r. You will never get him off from his hand by 3betting that small one street and giving up on later streets.
      He min-bets this time (looks like he has no idea what he is doing again... :) )
      so I'm calling and reevaluating turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can call min-raise if you can maintain pot small with one pair hands and build bigger pot two pair+ hands
      best way to keep pot small is just c/c him down especially when he is just min-betting
      when you c/r, then I like c/c turn and likely c/c river. you have top pair and he could hold a lot of draws that missed