Anyone has the Ironman status here?

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      What are you using your medals for ?
      I play PLO8 at micro stakes and I can generate around 60FTP per day (difficult at micro stakes , lol) I wonder if I should try to get Iron man one month...
      (and also wonder how my rakeback will look on that month)
  • 14 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      The value of the madals is not great. Most of the things zou can buz with them are just some piece of crap merchandise items, the onlz things really worth mentioning are the FTPs, the bonuses and the tourney tokens.
      According to what EagleStar was told by FT support (but contrary to what I was told by the support earlier so I'm going to trpple check with the support now) spending the medals also reduces your rakeback by a lot (see rakeback FAQ). If that is really the case you only gain VERY little value by purchasing any of those anyway.

With that said I still try to make those 200 points as often as I can just in case.. :f_grin:
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      im buying 26$ tokens with that .... but main reason why im trying to be iron man is 100$ bonus for each month for iron.... this happening every half a year and brings me aditional 600$ bonus
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by miskokvo
      im buying 26$ tokens with that .... but main reason why im trying to be iron man is 100$ bonus for each month for iron.... this happening every half a year and brings me aditional 600$ bonus
      doesn't it screw your rakeback ?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Buying $26 or $75 Tournament Tokens with Ironman medals doesn't affect rakeback.

I agree with LuborC, I'm getting a bit of a run around with FTP support regarding other purchases with medals, answer seems to be different each time.

Bear with me a few days and I will get a definitive answer from higher up for you.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      You get money?Or by exchanging the medals?
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      doesn't it screw your rakeback ?
      It doesn't *screw* rakeback. When you're playing with a bonus you get around ~50-55% back. That's 2x more than just 27% rakeback.
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      someone can explaine this?
      I didnt know it .
    • Cealin
      Cealin
      Bronze
      Every half year you get one big bonus for each month you got a status.

"For every month that you reached an Iron Man level during the first half of 2009, we awarded you with a corresponding number of Bonus Dollars that you can play for starting on July 1st, 2009. Bonus Dollars were awarded on the following scale:"

Bronze = $25
      Silver = $50
      Gold = $75
      Iron = $100

So if from January-June you earn 2x bronze, 1x gold and 1x iron (and 2 months nothing) you get:

25+25+75+100 = $225 bonus in July. You have to earn FTP to earn this bonus and have one month to do so.

The second half year bonus is for the months July-December and you get it and have to play it free in January.

If you don't clear your whole bonus, you will get the part that you cleared.
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      Very nice!!
      Full tilt is full of suprizes..
      So i will have only 1.1.10-31.1.10 to clear the bonus?
    • Cealin
      Cealin
      Bronze
      Yup, one month!

"For every Full Tilt Point you earn in July and August, $0.05 will be converted into real money."

Unless if there is a software update which causes problems so that some people cannot play for some time ;) . This was what happened last July, and everybody got one month extra to clear it. But well, normally one month.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      I have honestly not figured out any other use for the ironman beyond the freerolls I forget to participate in (the level is pretty nitty) and the bonus which takes some grinding to clear.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      4 months in a row now, gold or silver but starting iron from september

tokens are good, but i want that backback!

150 medals to go

freerolls are sweet too

and dont forget the bonus every 6 months

when i really try i can do 1000 a day, which will be the target for september
    • arvydkot
      arvydkot
      Bronze
      Can you somehow exchange tokens to t$?
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      If i start the iron man challenge now will i get bonus money on January 2010?

Think you cant exchange tokens to t$ as this would mean that you will be able to exchange t$ to Cash which will make them make a loss?