I finally passed the quiz - hi all

• calldark
      calldark
      Bronze
      Hi I just signed up, thanks to a friend who seems to be *in love* with this site =)

Anyways I've been playing poker online for a few years and doing not so bad despite my fishy tendancies. Which I always defend by blaming implied odds. Ive never really played above NL50 except once I played PLO600 because, well, Joe Hachem was at the table and we all know what a donkey he is =) (j/k)

I love training videos and learning just about anything to do with poker, any variant/level etc. Had to do the quiz twice so it seemed there was some basic stuff i still didnt know. So i'm looking forward to sussing it out and I hope you dont call me too many names if I start posting spewy HH.

GLA
  • 7 replies
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      :f_love:

EDIT: And she'll eat you alive, boys. She's a real easy tiger. I know from personal experience. :f_cry:
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      welcome and goodluck at the tables :s_cool:
    • calldark
      calldark
      Bronze
      Hi wowadvisor, what site do you play on?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jim9137
      :f_love:

EDIT: And she'll eat you alive, boys. She's a real easy tiger. I know from personal experience. :f_cry:
      huh? :P :f_love: ? ^^

Hello calldark and Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the Forums!

While you wait for your capital please feel free to look around the site and get familier with it. Also please feel free to post any questions you may have.

Also you can reread a few of the strategy articles and make sure your game is perfect for when your capital arrives. Learning is important to you success as a poker player!

Good Luck and Have fun!

Regards,

-Jack
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by calldark
      Hi wowadvisor, what site do you play on?
      at the moment i play on partypoker to try the rakerace and they offered me a 200 dollar bonus for just 2000 points which is nice.... i also just finished my first deposit bonus of 500 dollars there !

so lots of extra cash at the moment! :) good software too

what site do you play on?

edit: i also have more than the required points to buy a 350$ bonus :s_cool:
    • calldark
      calldark
      Bronze
      Ahh thx for replying guys! !

I just signed up to party poker too. Have to get used to the software tho, I'm used to pokerstars and fulltilt and one of those English 3D sites.

I'm used to playing in a 'donk destroying' style so I have no idea how I will adapt to party. I actually want to improve so I can play higher stakes (some day) and hold my own against the regs. Do you have any advice for playing on party?

Congrats on clearing your bonus thingys, did it take long?
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i actually cleared the deposit bonus at lightning speed! i had 180 days to clear it, and i cleared it in 32! so that was great!

Now im clearing 200 dollar gold key bonus, 30 days to get 2000 partypoints, this is day 5 and im 64% done with the first 100 dollar installment so it looks alright.

after im done clearing that im going to buy a 350 dollar bonus for 4000 party points. that will be very easy to clear!

advice?? not really.. get a stat program so you know who are the bad players and try and play against them

i try to avoid the really good players unless i have a really strong hand!

i love the party poker software!

check the PREFERENCES page in the party software... you can do A LOT ... for example each time i get aces on a table i hear: PSSSSSST and the table goes dark red... i love it ... and preferred seating.. new table and card styles...

you can also use the quickseating feature which is great!