This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

From Rock Bottom To Mixed Success

• Flintrino
      Flintrino
      Bronze
      I signed up to PokerStrategy quite some time ago and I got my $50 to around $125 doing some SNGs and SSS before I lost it all due to bad BRM. I then stopped playing poker for a short period until recently when I wanted to give it another shot. I've managed to scrape $5 off freerolls to help start this next attempt. I make this blog to help keep track off my progress and hopefully make me more dedicated at improving my game.

First step is set some strict bankroll management rules which I will follow or yet surely fail. Since I don't really have much money I thought it best to follow Chris "Jesus" Fergusons bankroll management tips:
      • I'll never buy into a cash game or a Sit & Go with more than 5 percent of my total bankroll (there is an exception for the lowest limits: I'm allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less).
      • I won't buy into a multi-table tournament for more than 2 percent of my total bankroll and I'm allowed to buy into any multi-table tournament that costs $1.
      • If at any time during a No-Limit or Pot-Limit cash-game session the money on the table represents more than 10 percent of my total bankroll, I must leave the game when the blinds reach me.

I'll also play any type of game: Fixed, No-Limit, SNG and MTT.

Here are some goals I wish to achieve:
      • Grind my balance up to $50.
      • Play over 25000 hands and have a positive winrate.
      • Keep playing every freeroll possible. (Freerolls give the best ROI ;-))
      • Come first place in any MTT.

I will update my blog every 1000 hands which should be more than daily.

Wish me luck :)
  • 1 reply
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      I'm in much the same situation. I didn't lose my starting capital, but I only deposited $30USD on PartyPoker... that slid down to about $16 at some stage due to me experimenting with FL, NL, SnG's, Tourneys, you name it I tried it. Lost at everything too. Buuut I never had the balls to throw the rest of it away. So now I'm grinding NL .01/.02 SSS to get up to $50-60 ish to move up to NL .05/.1 :P Conservative BRM ftw.