From Rock Bottom To Mixed Success

• Flintrino
      Flintrino
      Bronze
      I signed up to PokerStrategy quite some time ago and I got my $50 to around $125 doing some SNGs and SSS before I lost it all due to bad BRM. I then stopped playing poker for a short period until recently when I wanted to give it another shot. I've managed to scrape $5 off freerolls to help start this next attempt. I make this blog to help keep track off my progress and hopefully make me more dedicated at improving my game.

First step is set some strict bankroll management rules which I will follow or yet surely fail. Since I don't really have much money I thought it best to follow Chris "Jesus" Fergusons bankroll management tips:
      • I'll never buy into a cash game or a Sit & Go with more than 5 percent of my total bankroll (there is an exception for the lowest limits: I'm allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less).
      • I won't buy into a multi-table tournament for more than 2 percent of my total bankroll and I'm allowed to buy into any multi-table tournament that costs $1.
      • If at any time during a No-Limit or Pot-Limit cash-game session the money on the table represents more than 10 percent of my total bankroll, I must leave the game when the blinds reach me.

I'll also play any type of game: Fixed, No-Limit, SNG and MTT.

Here are some goals I wish to achieve:
      • Grind my balance up to $50.
      • Play over 25000 hands and have a positive winrate.
      • Keep playing every freeroll possible. (Freerolls give the best ROI ;-))
      • Come first place in any MTT.

I will update my blog every 1000 hands which should be more than daily.

Wish me luck :)
  • 1 reply
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      I'm in much the same situation. I didn't lose my starting capital, but I only deposited $30USD on PartyPoker... that slid down to about $16 at some stage due to me experimenting with FL, NL, SnG's, Tourneys, you name it I tried it. Lost at everything too. Buuut I never had the balls to throw the rest of it away. So now I'm grinding NL .01/.02 SSS to get up to $50-60 ish to move up to NL .05/.1 :P Conservative BRM ftw.