SB raises 100
      Hero calls

Turn 2s
      SB raises 100
      Hero calls

River 7c
      SB raises
      Hero calls

I was playing in a multi-table tournament. Should I have re-raised on the flop, even though I had nothing. Did I play this hand right, or was I too cautious?
  • 7 replies
    • mkane133
      mkane133
      Bronze
      why did you keep calling with nothing?

if you have nothing the only way you can win is by raising, calling and hoping to hit something on the turn/river is not a good idea imo.
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Raise or fold on flop, give up on turn. IMO
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      The way you played it is LOL :s_evil:
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      I think you need to post some hands for review, this seems horrible to me. Either re-raise on the flop to take it down there or just give up on the turn if your hand doesn't improve. Why keep calling? There is nothing he is betting with that you can beat!
    • txfoyochipz
      txfoyochipz
      Bronze
      You left out an important piece of information...the stack sizes. The size of my stack and my opponents stack would determine my action here.
      In most cases, I would raise the flop.
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      You raise preflop and your opponent then donks out on you, so you can expect him to have hit the flop somehow. Now he called your raise preflop which means he has a "decent" hand. Could be a lower pocket pair or A9 for example. (in case of A9 an A isnt good for you anymore).

As mkane133 said, calling wont help you here. You either raise or fold the flop. If he reraises, most of the time he has a set, if he calls I would still checkfold the turn.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      I wanted to see some stack info so calculating pot odds, but anyway you were just waiting a overpair to come and mightly saved you?

You could've prevented that.