$8.18
      BB:
      $5.87
      UTG1:
      $1.99
      UTG2:
      $2.13

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.67) J, 3, A (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.83(All-In), Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.67.
  • 5 replies
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      Thanks in advance for your comment. This is a major weak point for me. When does it make sense to call with top pair, weak kicker and when to fold?

There is so much bluffing it is just hard to tell.

Thanks!
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      If you've seen him make stupid moves with flush draws or straight draws, then call. But otherwise, I would just fold it there.... no point calling such a large overbet.

It rarely makes sense to call a shove on a flop with just a top pair when you haven't invested that much of your stack in it.... the only time you would call is against a big big big fish. UTG2's shove on the flop is just stupid... he is isolating himself so that only very strong hands will call his shove... like sets AA JJ 33, or even top 2 pairs.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Without reads I think you have to fold here. But if he's a proper fish I would snapcall this. You see people doing this with Kings etc on 5NL often enough ("oh shit, I slowplayed my kings and now the flop comes Ace high...") and he's playing a 40BB stack. We don't have stats here but this guy might be doing this with any Ace to... You're beating 8 out of those 12 Ace combinations and you still have decent equity against better Ace hands with your backdoor nuts flush draw or for 2 pair against any hand except for AJ.
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      thanks for the comments. I wasn't at this table for very long with him so he was an unknown to me. I do have stats but with so few hands together, they were meaningless

the fact that he called preflop made me think he had AQ+ but maybe that was giving too much credit

this is a huge issue for me, when to lay down top pair. you can really win some big pots against bad players it seems

Thanks for the comments. this forum is great
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      It is easy call
      most likely he holds there Ax or draws and since he is middlestack he really doesn´t need set to get all-in every time