$8.18
      BB:
      $5.87
      UTG1:
      $1.99
      UTG2:
      $2.13

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.67) J, 3, A (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.83(All-In), Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.67.
  • 4 replies
    • DiegoFueng
      DiegoFueng
      Bronze
      Depends on ur reads. I would call 90% of the time.
    • harryjj0
      harryjj0
      Bronze
      that felt quite flushey to me.

if he had made a 3/4 pot size bet, would you have called?
      cos basically the read should be the same for both. either you put him on AK/AQ/AJ and fold or you call.

personally, the PF limp call looks like suited connectors (people do that at the micro stakes) or maybe a middle-low pocket pair - so there is the bottom set within his range. He could also have the spazzy J3 about 5% of the time. So i think 5% set, 5% J3, 60% flush draw, 20% Ax (weaker than T), 10% Air. You don't need to do the math to calc EV to know that i think its EV+ to call.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello feedfest,

With such an overbet of 3 times the pot you need to be pretty sure to be head %50 of the times here.

Since his play makes absolutely no sense - as its pointless to play a strong hand this way (unless he is thinking ultra advanced and believes you will know that his play makes no sense with a strong hand and will therefore call with a weaker hand). If he actually had a good hand all he would accomplish is to fold out weaker hands - so why overbet shove.

I next to never see him doing with JJ, 33, AA, A3, AJ, or even AK/AQ. Most of the time he has a flushdraw, a weak ace (with which this move is also pointless) or is spazzing out with some slowplayed big pair like QQ or KK which he now suddenly feels he needs to protect once its too late (seen this all too often).

I don't see myself folding here :o

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      Thanks for the insightful responses.
      To be honest, I hadn't really thought about the possibility that someone was spazzing out with a pocket pair like KK,QQ. That seems so stupid to me that I didn't really expect someone to make that play.

It just made no sense at that time but now that you point out the possibility, I might agree that he had a pair that was crushed by the ace and just went crazy with it. I'll have to look these players up more often.