This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Tt

• Thhhza
      Thhhza
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.52
      Hero:
      $3.97

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:diamond: , T:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) K:club: , A:club: , T:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.90, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.90

Is this a good fold here or should I have played on?

I had just doubled up my stack on 3 tables, including this one and was waiting for the BB to come around again before I left the table.
  • 5 replies
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Crazy fold IMO.

Double stack or not, you are nearly always ahead here. The SB has called, which based on your small amount of stats, he does 29% of the time. 29% is a wide range, and on this flop, all you should be afraid of is 2 clubs.

It's unlikely he flat-called preflop with AA or KK. You have AK, AT, KT beaten. He's donkbet to you, which (especially on NL10), I would take as a sign of weakness. If he has 2 clubs, so be it, but chances are higher he has 1 club, and a shove would give him bad odds to call on a flushdraw (I assume, you haven't shown stack sizes).

Personally, i'm shoving the flop here. You have a set, which is a good hand, you shouldn't be folding.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I raise to $2 ish maybe a bit more, but basically enough to commit myself and then go broke. Shoving here is a tiny bit OTT I think.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I would shove flop too, since even a minraise commits more than half your stack.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Agreed; I wouldn't fold trips for 40bb against an opponent who could have almost anything.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Thhhza!

A flopped flush or straight is unlikely + you aren't completely dead because you have a Set

So I would just stick your whole stack in ( it is 40bb ;) ) because if you reraise to 3x his raise, you would have to raise to $2.7, leaving $0.6 behind. Now stick the remaining 60cents also in

Mostly you are getting called by a naked FD + a gutshot (Q x or J:x x) but no way I am folding a set postflop for 40bb

Folding this as played, is losing money in the long run

Best regards,
      Gerv