BSS and VPIP - PFR What do you think?

• feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      Hey fellow players. I was hoping to get some feedback from some of you.

I've been following the BSS for awhile now and have a question about preflop play. Following the starting hands chart:

My VPIP with BSS is 13%
      My PFR is 7.2%

I have had the most success in the past (with my own starting hand selection) when I'm at about VPIP 22 and PFR 14 but I want to try this system.

Could anyone share their experience with BSS? Do you have similar VPIP and PFR? Higher?

Can I expect the cards to improve? I've only played a few 1000 hands to get these numbers.

Thanks!
  • 4 replies
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      pretty important to say if its FR or SH
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      right
      FR - i stay away from SH and didn't think to specify
      it is FR at NL5 and NL 10
      thanks for pointing out my oversight
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi feedfest,

It depends a lot on your own post flop skill level, the table you are playing at (so the specific opponents in e.g. the blinds) and your overall style of play.

If everyone is very tight I start opening a lot looser and practically open any button against the quite common 9/5-11/8 nits that fold 90%+ of their blinds. Nonetheless you don't want to open too much from EP/MP if you have shortstacks that like shoving over the top or people that call IP and don't fold postflop.

Although I don't usually play FR I would say 13/7 is quite tight and not aggressive enough for me while 22/14 a bit too loose for FR. Depending on the positions in which you have most of that VPIP tightening up is probably a good idea.

The most important thing is to know where you should be playing what hands and how.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      Great response. Thanks so much. In looking at my overall stats, early position is 12.4bb/100
      middle is 3.58bb/100
      CO is 12.17bb/100
      BU is 23.22 bb/100
      SB is 4.12 bb/100

BB IS -51.56bb/100

overall is only 2.26bb/100

the bb/100 in BB position bothers me