TheClowns the pride french Canadian guy

• TheClowns
      TheClowns
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I'm TheClowns from the french pokerstrategy community. I already have a blog on the french community and I don't want to repeat the same thing here. Tomorrow I'm suppose to go back school but I don't really care I prefer to play poker. I'm playing poker full time and I'm living of it. I tried different poker but HU SNG hold'em is my favorite one. I'm now playing 50$ HU SNG.

Before playing online I played a lot live. I didn't have the age to play poker so I was playing in bar and private place. I won near 1500$ live than when I finally arrived to my 18 years old I decide to open a account on full tilt. My brother told me about pokerstrategy so I subscribe myself with that site.

I deposed 600$ on full tilt to get the full bonus. I was working in a Wal-Mart but everybody knows that Wal-Mart is shit so I decide to abandon that to play poker full time this summer. I'm paying my cell phone, my car and my privacy cost with poker. My BR is now at 2154$ and I will make somes lasts cash out this September before I'll move up to 100$ SNG HU.

My plan is to become a pokerstrategy coach because I always liked to help people. When I was to school everybody wanted lessons for mathematics, physicals and chemistrys. I began to make somes videos on my french blog's but I think I have somes tiny thing to fix before I can really began to make somes in english. Maybe like in a week or two I'll began to make somes for my english blog.

My second goal is to become the pokerstrategy's member with most fans. So if you guys like me the best you can do for me it's to become my fan.

I hope that I can improve my english too by posting here. For those who want to follow me there's my graph.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 5, BR: 2815,77$

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • 17 replies
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      my advice, go back to school, You have nowhere near the bankroll to support yourself in case of a really bad downswing, and you're not making enough money yet to pay for insurance and everything.
      It's way better to play poker on the side, it will be much less stressful, and once and if you start winning big you can maybe think of dropping out. Keep in mind that all the huge winners that dropped out in like 2006 were playing super soft games and were making boatloads of money rather easily. Things have changed and you can't do that anymore.
      It has always surprised me that every 200nl grinder drops out whereas most 1knl+ grinder usually stays in school. I think it's because the higher stakes player have a much more real perspective of what poker has to offer whereas lower stakes players are merely "dreaming".

Having said that, whatever path you choose, I wish you luck ;)
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      Trust the man.

GL for your new blog Theclowns.
      Nice to see you here lilprincess, I missed you. Hope you keep doing (very) well.
    • TheClowns
      TheClowns
      Bronze
      It's been a long time that I didn't actualise my english blog. So I decided to go back school but I just kept 4 courses on 8 to keep playing poker. These 2 last weeks I was a little busy because of friends that love me so much and these sames friends love party so like they say, that's school. I will continue to play on 50$ HU but I'll try to shoot sometimes on 100$ HU. I found a nice french girl that want to learn poker at my school so I will talk you more about her if it worth the words. I wish you GL on the tables my friends.

PS: If you have any question to ask don't hesitate I love to answer questions =) .
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      where did you elarn the strategies that you are now using in HU sngs?

i play HU sngs on ftp too
    • TheClowns
      TheClowns
      Bronze
      When I began I took private coaching from a french pokerstrategy player. After I discuss with somes others winning players about why they play like they play. Than I subscribe myself on an other site that show some nice videos. After I looked to others winning players from my stakes about how they play to see different winning styles. I tried somes to understand how their styles could win. Finally after all that I decide to keep a LAG style because I can play that style more confortably than others. It's sure that I have to make some adaptation to my opponent but my defaut play is LAG and I learn it by looking others styles and by trying these. Did I have answer your question?
    • TheClowns
      TheClowns
      Bronze
      And what's about you?
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Nice to see you've started to put up a blog,,, a few videos and how you are running would be nice to read up on I wish you the best of luck
    • TheClowns
      TheClowns
      Bronze
      My free trial with camtasia is done, I will probably buy it so I'll probably make somes videos when I'll purchase it. During that time we can discuss about poker :) .
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by TheClowns
      yes, thanks for the detailed answer!

i haven't spoken to anybody or read anything or watched any videos etc about HU SNGs yes :D

i'm just applying all the stuff i learnt in NL cashgames, and it seems like those are the skills that are most important in HU sngs. i guess it would help me to watch some videos/get coaching though.
    • TheClowns
      TheClowns
      Bronze
      There's a car
      In a creamy road
      It's trying to sleep
      But no way to open the door

There's a monkey
      In the car
      He's bad
      He maked something in the car

Guys, don't you find that good for a beginning for a song? I think I should write for singer.
    • TheClowns
      TheClowns
      Bronze
      GL guys I'm gone for a while. See you later.
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      There's a car
      In a creamy road
      It's trying to sleep

There's a monkey
      In the car
      He's bad

Guys, don't you find that good for a beginning for a song? I think I should write for singer.
      There's some skills around here. Definitely.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      There's a car
      In a creamy road
      It's trying to sleep

There's a monkey
      In the car
      He's bad

Just stay calm boys, french canadians are a little odd
    • TheClowns
      TheClowns
      Bronze
      A friend of mine told me that I should come back on this blog. I'll give you somes news later. GL my friends ;) !
    • TheClowns
      TheClowns
      Bronze
      So, I finally decide to give up school. It was not the kind of life that I wanted to live for this year. For the first month I played horribly, I tilted a lot and lost around 1600$.

My BR began to be short and I had to make a cash out because I spent too much money during my 2 weeks of school (school = party no?). So I was back to 10$ HU SNG and I think it was the best option. So I went back to the basics and found back my A-game. Next week, maybe earlier, I'll be back on 50$ HU SNG. For December and January I have to play a lot for a deal with someone on the french community. To win I have to do 1400HU in 2 months with 15% ROI.

If I keep my serious during these 2 months it's not too ambitious. I'll try to give you news every 2 or 3 days. I'm open to play long session with anybody on low stakes. I think it will help each others doing that because we can exchange our notes that we have on the other.

GL on the tables my friends :D .
    • TheClowns
      TheClowns
      Bronze
      One day I will be on the top of the world. I will look to all my genius friends and tell them, I win. One day I will be on the top of the world. I will still play my 50s HU. One day I will be on the top. But it won't make my life better. Living my life will get me to the top, what else?

We are all genius, we just need to realize. One day you will be on the top of the world, than maybe you will look to your friends and tell them, I win. One day you will be on the top of the world and I hope when that day will come to you, that you will thanks your friends, because they are all genius, they maybe just need to realize.

One day we will all be on the top of the world. We will all look to ourselves and tell us, we win. One day we will all be on the top of the world and we will, I hope, still be together because the only real important thing is to realize, we are all genius.

Life will get us there, not the opposite.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Nice to see that you are updating again. I'll be looking forward to the updates.