Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $15.92
      MP1:
      $21.53

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      Hero raises to $2.00, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $2.00, 6 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) Q:diamond: , 4:heart: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP1 raises to $12.50, Hero raises to $13.92 (All-In), MP1 calls $1.42.

Turn: ($32.59) 5:diamond:
      River: ($32.59) K:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $32.59

I found this really difficult. I often think that heads up with only 1 overcard it's ok to go broke (if the overcard is an Ace it's different, imo, as coldcalling ranges will much more often include Aces). I also wonder if sometimes villain will make this play with a fd.
      Does my stack size make any difference? Can I use villain's stats to help my decision after only ~50 hands?
      Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Fold to cbet%? Raise cbet%?

I don't like getting raised by someone with such low pfr here. Unless I have reads he often makes this play as a bluff I give up because he'll so often show up with Qx, or QQ+ as well as sets and random FD or pair +FD type hands.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Well even after 50 hands he seems very passive, now he's getting all in from nowhere. I think I would have a hard time to fold this hand, but maybe that is the more sensible thing to do.

Even if he does that with flush draws, they are still a just a part of his range and I really don't see a guy like that doing it with AK.

Your stack size surely makes a big difference, as I am surely not folding that with an 18BB stack.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      I found this really difficult. I often think that heads up with only 1 overcard it's ok to go broke (if the overcard is an Ace it's different, imo, as coldcalling ranges will much more often include Aces). I also wonder if sometimes villain will make this play with a fd.

What I highlighted with bold is in my opinion a Leak. There is no such a thing as ''ok to go broke'' since it is really Opponent depending.

The wondering if Villain does this with a FD has to do the same thing with Opponent depending. But I think most players will know a FD has a 33% winning chance based on 2 streets.

Well villain plays 53/2, certainly loose preflop but Postflop he is based on 53 hands just calling things. He wents to showdown more often so he is a bit of a calling station but ofcourse this can be just a variance number.

So I am more inclined to trust the basics and that means cBet/Fold. I do not like to gamble 30bb here.

So if it was a 20bb stack, you would have $5 left after your cbet, well then it becomes a much harder decision!

But I think I will CBet/Fold this one due the lack of information and the high variance situation you are creating yourself. Ofcourse players will raise your cbet with FDs or combo draws like A:hK

Whenever in doubt, stick to the basics

- Gerv