This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 JJ 1.5stack

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $15.92
      MP1:
      $21.53

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      Hero raises to $2.00, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $2.00, 6 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) Q:diamond: , 4:heart: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP1 raises to $12.50, Hero raises to $13.92 (All-In), MP1 calls $1.42.

Turn: ($32.59) 5:diamond:
      River: ($32.59) K:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $32.59

I found this really difficult. I often think that heads up with only 1 overcard it's ok to go broke (if the overcard is an Ace it's different, imo, as coldcalling ranges will much more often include Aces). I also wonder if sometimes villain will make this play with a fd.
      Does my stack size make any difference? Can I use villain's stats to help my decision after only ~50 hands?
      Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Fold to cbet%? Raise cbet%?

I don't like getting raised by someone with such low pfr here. Unless I have reads he often makes this play as a bluff I give up because he'll so often show up with Qx, or QQ+ as well as sets and random FD or pair +FD type hands.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Well even after 50 hands he seems very passive, now he's getting all in from nowhere. I think I would have a hard time to fold this hand, but maybe that is the more sensible thing to do.

Even if he does that with flush draws, they are still a just a part of his range and I really don't see a guy like that doing it with AK.

Your stack size surely makes a big difference, as I am surely not folding that with an 18BB stack.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      I found this really difficult. I often think that heads up with only 1 overcard it's ok to go broke (if the overcard is an Ace it's different, imo, as coldcalling ranges will much more often include Aces). I also wonder if sometimes villain will make this play with a fd.

What I highlighted with bold is in my opinion a Leak. There is no such a thing as ''ok to go broke'' since it is really Opponent depending.

The wondering if Villain does this with a FD has to do the same thing with Opponent depending. But I think most players will know a FD has a 33% winning chance based on 2 streets.

Well villain plays 53/2, certainly loose preflop but Postflop he is based on 53 hands just calling things. He wents to showdown more often so he is a bit of a calling station but ofcourse this can be just a variance number.

So I am more inclined to trust the basics and that means cBet/Fold. I do not like to gamble 30bb here.

So if it was a 20bb stack, you would have $5 left after your cbet, well then it becomes a much harder decision!

But I think I will CBet/Fold this one due the lack of information and the high variance situation you are creating yourself. Ofcourse players will raise your cbet with FDs or combo draws like A:hK

Whenever in doubt, stick to the basics

- Gerv